Looking for a quality pair of gloves

Malone77

I was using my pair of Mechanix Wear camo gloves but holes opened up in the fingers. Probably from so much digging since i don't have a pinpointer.:(

Does anyone have any good ideas for a set of sturdy, yet flexible gloves that would work well for diggin in the dirt? I don't like the heavy work gloves, but something thinner and flexible.

I have a $25 gift card to Bass Pro Shops, and have checked their gloves but they seem mostly thicker, warmer gloves. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I picked up a pair at the auto section of Walmart.There mechanics gloves,but not the ones with the padded knuckles.The gloves fit very well and definetly good for Metal detecting.$19.97,but they should last the season.If you buy them,let me know what you think about them.Thanks

Hey thanks. I've been looking all over the internet tonight. I was leaning towards a pair made my Wells Lamont. I'll check Walmart, too.

No problem.I do alot of detecting at a resorvoir,so my gloves are always getting wet.I really cant use a leather gloves for that reason.These looked and fit very well,hopefully they can handle the moisture.

Home Depot all black with either red or yellow stitching at cuff Gorilla brand gloves size fits all gloves work best for me. I wear them all day long for work and I like the ability to pick up small objects without having to take them off. At less than $10 a pair they are very affordable, too.

Home Depot all black with either red or yellow stitching at cuff Gorilla brand gloves size fits all gloves work best for me. I wear them all day long for work and I like the ability to pick up small objects without having to take them off. At less than $10 a pair they are very affordable, too.

I like the Gorilla grip gloves too they are like 5 bucks and they last awhile.

i use ones identical to the gloves below. probably the same ones markf was talking about finding at the wally world. they are 20 bucks and they last quite a while.

why don't you run a pinpointer?

0907st_08_z+homegrown_haulers_july_2009+mechanix_gloves.jpg

If you have a Costco membership, there's some good prices on a six pack of Wells Lamont nitrile gloves in the gardening section. I got them on sale a few months ago for $6 for the six pack, but off sale I think they were probably $11 (still a good price for six).

I use these from Home Depot...

I've had these gloves for over 2yrs now and use them every time I go hunting. Granted, I use a GPP, so maybe that's why they've lasted for so long:?: Either way, the hands are somewhat protected, and when I pull the gloves off, cleaner than OJ's hands:laughing::rofl: I believe I bought them for about $12 or thereabouts. HH \_

Attachments

• FirmGrip_general_purpose_gloves.jpg
    FirmGrip_general_purpose_gloves.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 511
i was wearing out a lot of gloves too, the fingertips mainly. i saw a pair in a plumbing supply wholesalers which had Kevlar on the fingers/palms, talked the guy down from $35 to $20 and those gloves LAST! i believe the brand name is Raptor.
after seeing some of the stuff in the ground... sharp metal, broken glass, a needle!.... i personally won't opt for thinner/cheaper ones anymore.
i do know that grabbing a needle the wrong way would likely poke through these ones, but 99.99% of the time, i have a visual on my target rather than reaching blindly into a hole.

i use ones identical to the gloves below. probably the same ones markf was talking about finding at the wally world. they are 20 bucks and they last quite a while.

why don't you run a pinpointer?

0907st_08_z+homegrown_haulers_july_2009+mechanix_gloves.jpg

Those were the kind I was using. They were good but the fingers got holes in them. I don't use a pinpointer because I haven't saved the money yet, I guess. I like diggin in the dirt anyway. :grin:

I'll check out the Gorilla brand. Thanks.

the fingers in mine are wearing through, too, but i use mine to work on EVERYTHING lol, so who knows when that happened.

Thank you, PermanentlyLost, for that link! heading to HF today to get a few pair. :D

done deal.

IMHO the Mechanix gloves are garbage. Ive worn them down range and they never last too long. Check out the Blackhawk line of gloves. You can get them with kevlar lines fingers and palms to prevent them from tearing in the fingers, especially around the seams. I like them pretty well. They provide good protection, as well as very durable. They fit tight which is what I look for in a good glove and they are still thin enought to pick up a coin off of concrete without removing them. Still kinda pricey though.

the fingers in mine are wearing through, too, but i use mine to work on EVERYTHING lol, so who knows when that happened.

Thank you, PermanentlyLost, for that link! heading to HF today to get a few pair. :D

done deal.

Cheap enough that you can afford to replace them as often as you like. They are super sticky new, I rub dry sand on them the first time using them. HH

I have a pair of gloves I bought from walmart,in the garden section last year.They have leather on the front and cloth on the back.Having small lady hands they had small gloves.You men have it easier.It's hard finding sturdy gloves in small size.LOL

Back
Top Bottom