CSI Pro Pointer

tjr35

Elite Member
I have the ability to get a Garrett CSI Pro Pointer for a really good price. My understanding is that it is basically the same as the Pro Pointer but is in the Security Division as opposed to the Hobby Division. Does anyone know if this is true? It actually retails at $20 more than the PP according to website. Are they identical or am I missing something?

Not exactly, let's just say I have a way to order from Garretts Security Line, but not their Hobby line. So I can get the CSI version at a price which is less than anyone was willing to go on the Pro Pointer.

So yes I bought the more expensive one for less than I could get the cheaper one from anywhere else.

Wait a minute, so you can buy a ProPointer (MSRP $149) or the CSI ProPointer (MSRP $169), but they're the exact same unit? Hmmmmm. :hmmm: :shifty::secret:

I used one for several years. No proportional audio and the range is sub par. It's no better than the Cen Tech.

They use the same video for both, and it doesn't say CSI on it. What is the difference?

One of the posts I found online said the higher price is due to it having to go through more testing and certifications for law enforcement and government standards, otherwise identical. Not sure if that's true but it sounds good. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom