Deus round HF coil compared to 9" LF coil.

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Okay more testing/retesting comparing the 2 coils.

I have some pics to share so folks understand maybe better.
1410dig.jpg

Clad dime pictured with nail above.

The goal here sweep over and down the barrel of nail and detect dime tonally with a signal I rate as satisfactory for investigating/ digging.

On this scenario round HF coil outperforms the LF coil.

Better tone, more wholesome tone, more forgiving sweep speed uaing round HF coil when both coils do detect.

Btw Reactivty 2.5 here using both coils no cigar for detection. Now no hovering of coil done, more life like smooth coil passes although slow.

When comparing the coils here I used the following settings on both.

GB to 84 manual.

sens 92

Silencer -1

Reactivty settings 2.5, 3, 4 and 5 used.

audio report 5

ws4 headphone vol 6

hot program

disc 0.0

full tones

tx power 2 on LF coil

freq used on LF coil highest band no offset 17.8khz

freq used on HF coil 14.4khz no offset

Another pic here

ezeq01.jpg
f

Nail rotated yet yet still elevated above clad dime.

Using settings above round HF coil the winner comparing equivalent Reactivty setting signals. Again round HF coil gives clearer, sharper longer signal when both coils actually detect dime.

Next pic here, coin changed to latest generation US Indian head penny.

66xhyd.jpg
r

This actual setup IMO showed the most advantage for round HF coil using settings mentioned above for comparing.

LF coil just a blip, round HF coil a nice fuller tone, strong too.

Also of note here round HF coil could detect coin using 2.5 Reactivty, LF coil would not.

Last pic here.

New Deus users pay close attention here.
2vhvx4m.jpg

Alright the pic above, I struck the nail vertically down in the sponge.

This setup really shows the weakness of using full tones vs using say a disc level of 6 to knock out iron- applies to both coils here.

New Deus users, you really need to do this experiement.

What this test will show is just how nuanced the Deus can be, but tone is compromised by the nail,,Coin can he heard by so-called trained ear.

Gotta be on your game though.

One thing that really stuck out to me here when comparing coils, the HF coil when dialed to 28.8 kHz even using 0 disc and full tones, coin tone provided higher vs using lower freq band on HF coil. Definitely easier to decoder from nail tone provided.

One last thing here. I also did a few tests using above scenarios and lowered disc to lowest setting of -6.4.

Doing this I feel will allow some nonferrous finds (heavier mask) get away from a user of Deus.

As I started raising disc IMO when I arrived at around -3.0 thru -2.5 disc I thought tone compromise on nonferrous was minimal to non existent.

Another thing too, for whatever reason the LF coil I thought when it would detect coin, at lowest disc setting sounded better vs the rounded coil when dialed to -6.4 disc.

Well I lied.

Another pic.

Folks maybe thinking using the 14.4khz on HF coil maybe won't see some lower conductors the LF coil might see using highest freq.

The pic below has small iron above a small cut piece of pull tab (reads 46 on Deus in 18khz btw)

16k6e09.jpg

Again here the round HF using 14.4khz has advantage.

In the setup shown, both detectors will detect clearly with edge going to HF coil with disc at level 6.0.

But what happens if you lower disc to 0 using full tones.

Here the LF coil tone wise gets lost, sounds like iron to me- even to my trained ear.

However round HF coil in 14.4khz with disc 0 full tones, I can decipher tonally the nonferrous is there.

Another comparison.

Deep US nickel.

Soil where buried a couple years ago medium minerlized.

Compared both coils at 0 Reactivty and max on the silencer.

Round HF coil no problems, for settings (freq run here 14.4khz) a very good whole sounding signal, with quite a bit of sweep speed variation allowed.

LF coil tried both 12khz and 18khz, 12khz yielded slightly better overall signal, but at 0 Reactivty and max on the silencer, signal is chopped morseso, sweep speed more critical vs HF coil.

This test here could be telling us round HF coil handling higher mineral better than LF coil.

Another comparison.

Same deep nickel.

Goal here to see which coil may be more GB sensitive setting wise to pick up deep nickel tone wise.

Here the LF coils seems to have advantage.

Ground phase here on Deus LF coil reads about 77.

I can hear the nickel with GB dialed to 87, mind you not what I call good to great signal, but round hf coil has to be dialed down closer to actual ground phase moreso to get equivalent signal provided using LF coil. LF coil here performed as it did using both 12and 18khz too.

Now using equivalent settings on this deep nickel except freq, HF coil at 14.4khz and LF col at either 12 or 18khz, when both coils are balanced to ground phase,,,round hf coil gives a much stronger signal on nickel. I used hot program's here btw comparing.

Another comparison.

This test to me very telling.
51c4dg.jpg
r

Sweep down the barrel of nail and get tone on dime.

If I move dime any further inwards of nail, HF round no detection.

I did this since I am assuming maybe it will outperform LF coil here.

Anyway dialed both coils to Reactivty 3 silencer -1, disc 6 full tones.

Disc 6 here knocks out nail totally btw with coin removed.

Round HF coil will break disc sweeping down the barrel of nail on dime, this using 14.4khz too.

LF coil no dice, no signal period to even think of investigating, used both 12khz and 18khz.

Also note here round hf coil, will break disc over this scenario with quite a bit of coil height variation.

Awesome comparisons between the two coils tnsharpshooter. I think there is a distinct advantage having the HF Coil. Thanks for the pics!

You are welcome.
I am still trying to find a test scenario where the 9"LF coil trumps the 9" round HF coil.
So far I haven't found.
But vice versa here different ballgame.

Back
Top Bottom