Bottle id

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
Hi, this is a bottle not dug from a thrift store. Pretty sure just a bottle made to look old....any confirmation appreciated. Thanks

About size of half a milk bottle. No id, a few air bubbles and light signs of assembly line wear. A few diameter rings etc.. is this a copy or decorative modern glass? thanks

Did not pay much it just looks neat. Sure a copy not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1000.jpg
    IMG_1000.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 174
It looks old with those bubbles. But nothing on the bottom? Is there a seam mark at the top of the bottle? I like it, it's pretty.

It looks old with those bubbles. But nothing on the bottom? Is there a seam mark at the top of the bottle? I like it, it's pretty.

Thanks. re seam well it looks like a top seam some glass overflow. Looks like applied or made to look applied? no writing on bottom. No seam bottom just a guess.Probably made to look old? The inside appears smooth near top.

Last edited:
I would call it a Turn Mold, tool topped bottle.
Most likely made in the late 1800's, early 1900's.
Turn mold bottles were made by turning the bottle in the mold after blowing to wipe the seams off the bottle making it more presentable.

I would call it a Turn Mold, tool topped bottle.
Most likely made in the late 1800's, early 1900's.
Turn mold bottles were made by turning the bottle in the mold after blowing to wipe the seams off the bottle making it more presentable.

Thanks. It looks old for sure. hh

Back
Top Bottom