Wearing fluoroscent vest?

Karletto

Does any of you wear a fluorescent vest or a cap when metal detecting?

I don't want to metal detect in the woods and a drunk hunter mistakes my headphones for a pair of antlers. lol On top of that you would look more "tip-top" - presentable...

I am reading a topic about people calling the police and let me tell you in geocaching the story is very similar. In MD you at least have visible tool but in GC you don't use anything. On top of that you are "hanging" around different places and buildings which makes you even more suspicious.

Wearing fluorescent vest would make people think something serious is going on or at least that you are not trying to hide...

haha, i've read that if you wear a bright orange vest, people won't even "see" you. they'll just think you're a city worker doing their thing and you'll get ignored. :D

The orange vest is a very good idea for most areas, not just the woods. You can't hear what's going on around you, with headphones on. You are usually focused on the ground, the machine, barely aware of your surroundings. The bright color might catch someone else's attention, who might be pre-occupied as well.

Orange vest and tools, scares most people away, since it denotes work, which most try to avoid...

Back
Top Bottom