Two more silver rings, plus some nearly gold bling!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Just got back from a relatively short hunt, today. I'm fighting a cold, but wanted to get out and get some fresh air. It was actually quite invigorating, and I feel better.

Probably had to do with the finds. :) They were very healing.

I started the hunt with a pop-tab... pretty normal. Find #2 was the small silver CTR ring (I've found a surprising amount of silver CTR rings this year... fun!). The gold ring, actually came in a 71-72, and when I popped the plug up, I saw the back of the gold band, and thought I was going to have a repeat of the 8.5 gram gold ring I found at an elementary school last week. When I pulled the ring out of the dirt, I just started laughing.

The gold plating is actually completely intact (it's nice), but it's definitely DEFINITELY not solid gold. The diamond, alas, is foil backed, too. LOL Definitely DEFINITELY not a real stone. Still, it'll be a fun one for my young nieces.

The next broken ring came up in the dirt on the surface. Look liked it had been stepped on. Was a butterfly attached at some point. The ring picture shows just the shank, but the butterfly is in the finds group somewhere...

The last ring came up toward the end of the hunt, and surprisingly rang up VERY faintly, like a quarter on edge. I have no idea why, since when I pulled it out of the ground, it was only about 2" down, It was on edge though, so maybe that had something to do wit hit. 87 faint signal... weird. Sure beats a quarter though, and totally shined up brilliantly.

I totaled out at almost $9. Around $6 in quarters alone (lots of doubles today). Even still, it was pretty much up and down for the 90 minutes or so I was out... My Velcro cuff-strap finally wore out, too, and I had to grip the machine a little differently. My back right shoulder feels the change! Ordered a new one promptly...

These are rings #181-184 for the year... just 17 to go to break the 200 barrier for the 2nd year in a row. I think I shouldn't have any problems with that...

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3770.jpg
    IMG_3770.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3772.jpg
    IMG_3772.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3771.jpg
    IMG_3771.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3773.jpg
    IMG_3773.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3774.jpg
    IMG_3774.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 237
Great bunch of finds - nice ring finds, nice clad total, and some interesting relics! No doubt that kind of hunt would serve as an effective cold remedy! My daughter’s best friend would love the galloping horse. And I think that’s the first I’ve seen a fidget spinner come up in a finds post - hopefully that means that fad is officially over and they’re nothing more than historic relics to be unearthed by us MDers ;)

RingMaster! Dang man, congrats!

I’ve only found 2 925 CTR rings, and maybe 4 sizeable ones :lol:

:cool:

I can always tell when it was time to hand them out to the eight year olds. They're everywhere in the tot lots. Lol. I find about a dozen sizeables every spring. I think they rust away by fall... lol

Great bunch of finds - nice ring finds, nice clad total, and some interesting relics! No doubt that kind of hunt would serve as an effective cold remedy! My daughter’s best friend would love the galloping horse. And I think that’s the first I’ve seen a fidget spinner come up in a finds post - hopefully that means that fad is officially over and they’re nothing more than historic relics to be unearthed by us MDers ;)

Oh good grief. I find a fidget spinner about every 8th hunt still. This one was clearly a fresh drop. I find a lot out in The park fields at the sports areas and a few in the bark lots. Probably found close to 10 this year, if not more. I give them away about as fast as I find them, sometimes in the field.

You are KILLING it on the rings!! Congrats!

The more I find the more I come to realize these things are everywhere. I hunt for them specifically, and most this year are coming from locations that I already cleared out 2 years ago (like these rings... they're from a spot I cleaned up already). Rings fall off everywhere there are people wearing them...

Cheers,

Skippy

Killin' It! What do you do with all your silver rings? Have you found a way to sell or trade them? Also, that AtPro velcro strap dealie...Maybe theres a better alternative somebody knows about? Mines nearly shot too...
Great hunting Skip! Happy Thanksgiving to ya! :laughing:

Attachments

• punkin pie.jpg
    punkin pie.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 185
Killin' It! What do you do with all your silver rings? Have you found a way to sell or trade them? Also, that AtPro velcro strap dealie...Maybe theres a better alternative somebody knows about? Mines nearly shot too...
Great hunting Skip! Happy Thanksgiving to ya! :laughing:

I've given close to 5 dozen away. The rest I've kept in a nice treasure box. It's just about filled again. I'll probably just keep this box full, and put it on a wall somewhere... or just keep them to take out once in a while and revel in it's glory. LOL Every ring is a hunt I remember, it's fun.

The hole in the center was because I took a big chunky ring out, last night, to melt down as part of a new ring my son made. I'll post about it later. (we got into sand casting, and did our first rings last night... needed more scrap!)

As for the Velcro thing. It lasted almost 2.5 years, I think that's pretty good considering that's over 2000 hours on it. It cost like $5 to replace. no big deal.

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom