• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Treasure/Trash Pouch w/Penny Seperator

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
Why have I kept separating pennies at tumbling for years, when a proper pouch would let pennies get sorted during the hunt.

I realized just now after tumbling clad, and of course separating the pennies from the nickels, dimes, quarters. It came to me that there should be a slimline pouch like the pouches I usually use, but with three sections, not just two.

Is there one which is like the nail construction pouches? Might be just as easy to take mine and create the third pouch segment.

It's a hassle looking for dirty dimes in a pile of pennies!

Your best bet might be to go to a store and just look for a tool belt that fits ur needs like Harbor Freight, Walmart, Home Depot, ect.

Why have I kept separating pennies at tumbling for years, when a proper pouch would let pennies get sorted during the hunt.

I realized just now after tumbling clad, and of course separating the pennies from the nickels, dimes, quarters. It came to me that there should be a slimline pouch like the pouches I usually use, but with three sections, not just two.

Is there one which is like the nail construction pouches? Might be just as easy to take mine and create the third pouch segment.

It's a hassle looking for dirty dimes in a pile of pennies!

I've often considered simply tossing my pennies into my trash pouch, and then pulling them out when I dump the pouch. This would prevent pennies from ever making it into the nickels/Dimes/Quarters area, and it's simple enough to separate pennies from trash, when I dump the bag (which I always inspect for the errantly dropped coin, anyway).

You'll probably miss an occasional mis-dropped dime, but it would sure beat separating them out the hard way.

I personally just put them all in a bucket, wash them, and take them to coinstar, which is why I haven't bothered to change my habit, yet.

But on the occasion, I decide I prefer cash over an Amazon card, I always grumble at the separation "time-cost." And even then, I never roll the pennies, I just leave them to go to Coinstar... And in every 100 pennies, I usually miss 1-2 dimes STILL. They just look the same when they're all dirty (washed only).

But at that point, I don't care. :)

Back
Top Bottom