Back To The Pink Boots Woods Area! Found Gold, Silver & Brass!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
ah6_zps3trlwis2.jpg~original

Weather was doable today. Not too cold, little wind and some fog. I got a call from my usual hunting partner. It was a GO! We headed back to a place where I found those gawd awful pink boots. No strange finds today, but some great keepers. Those pink boots are still where I found them.

ah11_zpsqw0i9ip1.jpg~original

Carefully hunted around an old campsite. Judging from a credit card from another old purse, it dated the site to around 1970. First good find.....an old bracelet, made in Mexico. Not too shabby!

ah7_zpsbyzacc0g.jpg~original

About 20 minutes later, I got another curious signal, bouncing around 68 - 78. I pulled out a frozen lump of dirt, and like "wow".....a gold ring wrapped around with a thin gold chain. The gold ring ended up being costume jewelry, however, the chain was 10K gold! I did the snow dance!

ah9_zpsapnh1m8m.jpg~original

My buddy got the only old coin today....a 1910 silver dime. What a find! I could hear him howling in the distance, a sign he had found something good.

ah10_zpslrvl9fcs.jpg~original

Just about the same time, after listening him yodelling out loud about his silver coin, I looked down to see this gold colored round pipe like object sticking out of the ground. I dug it up, and out came a nice solid brass, made in India candle holder. Cool!

ah4_zps501yvpju.jpg~original

And finally to warm up, we feasted on some fresh buffalo jerky, fresh out of the smoker from yesterday afternoon. It just doesn't get much better then this! Good friends, good finds and good food.

Wow!!!! those are some killer finds and that jerky looks delicious. My only request is can you please try to photo shop that ugly white stuff that is on the ground out of your pictures? I don't want to see that yet. :D

Sounds like a wonderful day. Great finds and good food. What is the hinged item in the upper left corner of the first photo?

Hey! Thats a very nice Snowy Woods Hunt! A lighter, knife, gold, brass...old silver, applewood smoked jerky! ...Yeah...beats a set of pink boots! You should take those home though, shirley you know somebody you can give them to for Christmas!:laughing:

Congrats on this nice gold and silver.. sure beats the soles off those boots

Wow!!!! those are some killer finds and that jerky looks delicious. My only request is can you please try to photo shop that ugly white stuff that is on the ground out of your pictures? I don't want to see that yet. :D

Is this better?

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 336
Hey! Thats a very nice Snowy Woods Hunt! A lighter, knife, gold, brass...old silver, applewood smoked jerky! ...Yeah...beats a set of pink boots! You should take those home though, shirley you know somebody you can give them to for Christmas!:laughing:

You were on the top of the list for those pink "hooker lookers"

And........to help with maintaining your balance, I will also send these attachments. They also make water hunting a breeze. Keeps those stiletto heels from sinking in the sand.

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 328
Back
Top Bottom