OK car guy's, and anyone else.

As Rattlehead suggested, my problem is I know the 2010 Shelby will be a collector in the near future. In fact it is to some degree right now. Limited production. I just traded off my 2015 Mustang GT that I raced with. I miss it but I really like my classic. But then there is a big difference between my 2015 Mustang GT and the 2010 Shelby GT500.

The 64.5 is a collectable right now, the GT500 will be a collectable in the near future.

Attachments

• GT500-1.jpg
    GT500-1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 115
  • GT500-4.jpg
    GT500-4.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 119
  • GT500-2.jpg
    GT500-2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 111
  • GT500-3.jpg
    GT500-3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 111
Theoretically speaking...

Simply research, and understand, tin whiskers, and its possible, some old stuff, might be around longer than new stuff..

<°)))>{

This is a tough one!
Have you driven the newer Stang yet?
While the newer car will be worth more in the long run, I am somewhat partial to older Mustangs:D

Attachments

• Sep 2011-6.jpg
    Sep 2011-6.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 103
My only question is: Is there a reason this person is willing to trade a 80K car for a 50K one? I would hold onto the 64 1/2 only because it is classic, and while the Shelby "should" be a collectable, how many years do you need to wait? I feel that there are too many questions with the trade. That might be my pessimistic streak, but if it looks too good, it usually is.

The trouble with the new one is the computers. Once they are outdated they are trash. All the stupid sensors and gizmo's will be impossible to replace. The classic will always be a classic with parts available and no fancy electronics to have to chase down.

I had a 70 stang convertible and loved the thing. A drunk driver t-boned it in the drivers door and it was history.

The trouble with the new one is the computers. Once they are outdated they are trash. All the stupid sensors and gizmo's will be impossible to replace. The classic will always be a classic with parts available and no fancy electronics to have to chase down.

I had a 70 stang convertible and loved the thing. A drunk driver t-boned it in the drivers door and it was history.

That's a really good point. My own favorite car was a 1986 Ford T-Bird Elan, the first car I ever bought new. That car was sooooo nice... except that it had the early computer junk in it and it ate batteries like people eat m&m's. Could not keep a battery in it unless I plugged it in to a trickle charger at night. It pulled 18 amps sitting in the garage. Ford never did figure out the trouble and I sadly traded it in on a pickup. Drove pickups ever since. If only that car hadn't been messed up by a lousy computer glitch... And it must have been all T-Birds that year and the next, I haven't even seen one in about 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom