• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Branch Brook Park - Bloomfield, NJ

Well, you know...., rules could change anytime ....

Ok, and at any time they "change", that has to be available to the public. Ie.: there are no "secret" laws.

For example , it's *possible* a law could be enacted tomorrow, that wearing a blue shirt is illegal. Right ? Ok, do you go in daily asking "can I wear a blue shirt?". :?:

Well, you know...., rules could change anytime so better take advantage now and hunt all we can.

By the way, today on my way back from South Mountain I found some nice spots like abandon houses and would like to hit that area. I'm looking for some other hunters ready to try some tough areas where can't go alone.

I'm not too far from Newark...and I'd be more than happy to join you in detecting.
There's a old mill the next town over from me that looks like a good spot to hit up.

Smart move getting her name and other info. If challenged it's always helpful to prove you showed the respect and courtesy to ask permission. I always make notes on my iPhone so I have it handy.

Recently got a permission at a church. My fourth time there a woman who identified herself as a trustee of the church got real nasty and demanded I leave. I explained whom I had spoken to and she told me firmly that woman had no authority what so ever. I left.

The next day I called and reached the pastor. I apologized and told him my side of the story. Seems the first woman was third in charge and the second had no authority. Happily I had already covered most of the grounds and wasn't interested in returning.

MD in parks

It does not matter who at the parks department says its ok to MD at Branch Brook .. Because the park is patrolled by Sheriffs department and the Newark City Police... They both have their own opinion and its always "you can't do that here" -weather you have permission or not from some county clerk do dig there.. Also if you go it on your own.. Please becarefull.. you will get your machine and wallet taken by the locals there (also a beaten).

It does not matter who at the parks department says its ok to MD at Branch Brook .. Because the park is patrolled by Sheriffs department and the Newark City Police... They both have their own opinion and its always "you can't do that here" -weather you have permission or not from some county clerk do dig there......

dmz0311, your post is "quite telling". And I would add that it's not *just* this one park where that phenomenon can occur. It can occur at any park in the USA.

There's been many posts of persons who .... thinking they needed "permission", played Russian roulette & got it from some desk-jockey . Yet, later on, they are accosted anyhow. The md'r proudly whips out their 'permission'. Only to have it promptly revoked by someone who says: "yes but you can't dig", or "that person didn't have the authority", or "I outrank them" , etc.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom