Tesoro side sticker scan? New Vaquero decal design!

deezdrama

Just ordered a tesoro vaquero and not digging the barney purple side decals.
I know most people would say it doesnt matter but id like to edit the colors and have some custom vinyl side decals printed up. Maybe offer some here if I have a limit on how many i must get printed.

I have some experience in photoshop, just dont have a scanner or any way to get 100% scale image file of the vaquero side stickers.

Anyone know of a image file they have seen before or know of anyone who has done something similar?

I was just going to cover it with some carbon fiber wrap but have some ideas to design a nice black themed side decal.

Last edited:
I just google imaged and see what you mean about the purple. I have no idea how to achieve what you're looking for, but I'd definitely be taking those decals off or coloring them in with black marker or something. Looks kinda childish goofy to me.

Yeah, I dont know why they chose purple. Its a deep hitting machine and tesoros have great discrimination..... having the decal "barbie jeep" purple just bugs me a bit.

Im kind of ocd about things so want to do it right. My scanner is broke so will probably end up having to trace the decal profile onto paper, take a picture and in photoshop try to scale the profile to be a close 1 to 1 size representation, then design the new decal.

I have seen what looks like custom face plates being offered on a website that is in spanish so didnt know if something like this was being offered already.

I like Tesoro's but like you I didn't care for the choice of decals they placed on the "HOT" units...the Vaquero and Cibola...but then again that's just me! What I have done in the past was to remove side decals that I didn't care for and replace with hunter's camo tape. Some people don't like camo but to me it looks a lot better than some of the "toy" looking decals :yes: This is a cheap fix and that camo tape will last!

Last edited:
And then there's me... The more my equipment looks like a TOY, the happier I am. I do NOT want folks getting the idea of the following two things:

1) My equipment is expensive (prevents problems in the field with people who might otherwise decide they "want" it more than you).
2) My hobby seriously produces. I want them thinking I'm a goofy old guy who loves finding pennies and bottle caps.

:)

Skippy

Yes Skippy you have a point there. Ha! Color is really a personal preference and it's impossible to please everyone. Meant to say above that one does not have to remove existing decals... just tape over them and it can be removed without leaving a residue if you want to sell. Plus it keeps scratches off the control box for that nice clean look! :grin:

A little camp tape or some other colors that offer easy on, easy off installation can cover up that offending color also.
A pair of scissors, a few minutes work and problem solved.

Attachments

• photostudio_1506431126849.jpg
    photostudio_1506431126849.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 464
Ill pass on the barney stickers.

I got my decals designed but running into problems scaling the image to be the proper size once printed. When I scale it down to 80mm I loose all detail and resolution. I may send the raw file to my vinyl printer guy and see if he can scale it. Its been too long since Ive messed with all this stuff and dont have the proper programs or knowhow anymore.

I may have some extras printed if there is any interest. Will have to charge something though to cover expenses. Not sure what price will be to have it printed. The smallest printer he has is a 3ft-er so will probably have a minimum size to print. He has some nice options as far as finish. I had a whole arcade cabinet done before and he used a semi gloss clear protective film on the control panel which turned out nice.
Ill post more details when I figure them out.
Ill delete the post if its stepping on any copyright materials. I got all the stock images off the web and keeping the tesoro logo and fonts there so dont know if this will upset anyone from Tesoro or not.

Attachments

• preview vaquero.jpg
    preview vaquero.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 425
Well, I got some in. They turned out nice. Polycarbonate matte laminate finish like the stock sticker. Also got a few sets of gloss laminated ones.

Will have to see how they fit when I get time.

Attachments

• 20171031_160253.jpg
    20171031_160253.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 20171031_160220.jpg
    20171031_160220.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 20171031_160209.jpg
    20171031_160209.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 355
Just ordered a tesoro vaquero and not digging the barney purple side decals.
I know most people would say it doesnt matter but id like to edit the colors and have some custom vinyl side decals printed up. Maybe offer some here if I have a limit on how many i must get printed.

I have some experience in photoshop, just dont have a scanner or any way to get 100% scale image file of the vaquero side stickers.

Anyone know of a image file they have seen before or know of anyone who has done something similar?

I was just going to cover it with some carbon fiber wrap but have some ideas to design a nice black themed side decal.

That's nuthin! Minelab just put equinox stickers on an xterra and called it new! :lol:

Miracles what a new decal can do isn't it?

Got the decals on. Decent, better than the purple.

Attachments

• 20171209_123738.jpg
    20171209_123738.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 20171130_174601.jpg
    20171130_174601.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 245
would be complete if it signaled targets with Marshall Tucker's this 'ol cowboy song.It looks really good.:cool:I don't think you should have trouble getting rid of the extras, nicely done !:cool:

Back
Top Bottom