Nice COINSTAR mix today

jimther

Elite Member
At the STAR Market today, I noticed an older guy (older than me, and I'm 71) dumping his coins in the Coinstar. I then saw him bending down to check the reject tray and thought "shoot, he's not leaving anything behind for this pirate".

After checking out, I walked past the Coinstar and eyeballed the reject tray, just in case. Well, he DID leave me something, after all. A quick scoop and I had all the rejects and, wow is that silver? Wait, is that TWO silvers? I'll know when I get home, so in my right pocket they dropped (don't want to co-mingle with change already in my left pocket)

So, here's the tally. My last Coinstar harvest was on Feb 1st, so it's been exactly five months. Even with this 5 month drought, my YTD Coinstar total stands at 173 coins in four harvests (that's an average of 43.5 coins per harvest). Pics below.

- Silvers: 1951 and 1952-D Rosie dimes
- Two 1943 Steel Wheat cents
- Clad: 1 dime and i quarter
- 2 Lincoln Zincolns
- Canadian: 2 dimes and 1 nickel
- 1 token: Brass colored "Guardian Angel Protect Us"

Attachments

• IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 505
Excellent haul Jim! I never have any luck finding coins in the coin star but I always check anyway, you never know, Congrats on the silvers, steelies, and all the rest!

Excellent haul Jim! I never have any luck finding coins in the coin star but I always check anyway, you never know, Congrats on the silvers, steelies, and all the rest!

That is a nice Coinstar haul, congrats!

Very nice, have only scored at a Coinstar twice... tons of clad and pennies, no silver so far...

Thanks for your comments, guys. Even though Coinstar yields have been lacking during the pandemic, I still keep my eyes open for a score.

At the STAR Market today, I noticed an older guy (older than me, and I'm 71) dumping his coins in the Coinstar. I then saw him bending down to check the reject tray and thought "shoot, he's not leaving anything behind for this pirate".

After checking out, I walked past the Coinstar and eyeballed the reject tray, just in case. Well, he DID leave me something, after all. A quick scoop and I had all the rejects and, wow is that silver? Wait, is that TWO silvers? I'll know when I get home, so in my right pocket they dropped (don't want to co-mingle with change already in my left pocket)

So, here's the tally. My last Coinstar harvest was on Feb 1st, so it's been exactly five months. Even with this 5 month drought, my YTD Coinstar total stands at 173 coins in four harvests (that's an average of 43.5 coins per harvest). Pics below.

- Silvers: 1951 and 1952-D Rosie dimes
- Two 1943 Steel Wheat cents
- Clad: 1 dime and i quarter
- 2 Lincoln Zincolns
- Canadian: 2 dimes and 1 nickel
- 1 token: Brass colored "Guardian Angel Protect Us"

I've Pirated a couple silvers, rosies, a few wheats . Lately the local coinstar tray has been dry!!! Since at least March, dry. Not even a zincoln.

I've Pirated a couple silvers, rosies, a few wheats . Lately the local coinstar tray has been dry!!! Since at least March, dry. Not even a zincoln.

Keep looking, Tinsmith. Coinstar users should be slowly emerging from their shells as things [sorta] get back to normal.

It has barren here since the virus hit,not a coin.I had a good run earlier in the year 5 silvers including a 40% half.

Very nice haul! It's been very dry here as well through this Virus !!!! but still fun to check them out..

Wow very nice coin star haul Jim! Any word on the hunt in october yet? I know it might be a tough one to pull off this year...hope all is well, good luck out there!

Nice Jim, a little silver subsidy when its too hot and dry is great pick me up. That one 43 looks to have a little green patina, that would be a major find. Whenever I see the steel pennies I'm looking for a 44. My coinstar has been dry lately. Good luck, Mark

Wow very nice coin star haul Jim! Any word on the hunt in october yet? I know it might be a tough one to pull off this year...hope all is well, good luck out there!

Hi Jeff and thanks.

Regarding our hunt, according to our Huntmaster, Sandi, she has reserved the date of October 3rd, 2020 and as of right now, she sees no reason to cancel. I was reluctant to post that date on the forum because I have no details yet. I should do that now though, to give folks an opportunity to reserve that date on their calendars. So, as I hear more, I will post updates in the Club section of this forum.

Nice Jim, a little silver subsidy when its too hot and dry is great pick me up. That one 43 looks to have a little green patina, that would be a major find. Whenever I see the steel pennies I'm looking for a 44. My coinstar has been dry lately. Good luck, Mark

Real nice mix with that haul. You don't steel cents anymore. And a couple of silvers for good measure too.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Those were the first steel Wheat cents I've recovered from a Coinstar.

Back
Top Bottom