Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 06-30-2020, 02:46 AM
Supporter

I found a bunch of zincolns today. You think they want what's left of them?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 AM
Supporter

Meijer self-checkout here in Mich no longer taking cash.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:51 AM
Supporter

Thumbs up doing my small part

Originally Posted by Stiffwrists View post
I turned in $93.34 in clad to the local Credit Union this afternoon. Doing my small part!
If every one on the forum scattered all over the USA dumped their clad that is sitting around home in containers , can you imagine how much that would amount to put back in circulation. Best of all, you could get rid of those discolored coins .

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:50 AM
Elite Member

All the coins we find wouldn’t have been put back into circulation any other way, so we are actually ADDING to what is already out there...somewhere. If everyone cleaned out their ENTIRE car it would be quite a sight!

Old 06-30-2020, 12:24 PM
Supporter

A video on the coin shortage , head of Coinstar is interview https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:31 PM
Supporter

A article on the coin shortage National coin shortage may affect how you can pay at Meijer, Lowes and other retailers
By Mary Kilpatrick, cleveland.com 46 mins ago

National coin shortage may affect how you can pay at Meijer, Lowes and other retailers

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Coronavirus is causing a shortage of U.S. coins, and retailers are changing their policies to adapt. Banks, too, are watching the situation closely.

The Federal Reserve, which distributes coins to banks and credit unions, said the pandemic has “significantly disrupted the supply chain and normal circulation patterns for U.S. coin,” in a news release this month.
The U.S. Mint has slowed coin production to protect workers. During the height of the shutdown, fewer coins came back to the Federal Reserve from banks.
As states have reopened, banks began asking for more coins, “resulting in the Federal Reserve’s coin inventory being reduced to below normal levels,” the news release said.
The Fed this month began temporarily giving banks a set amount of available coins, based on factors including historic order volume, and the current U.S. Mint manufacturing rate. The limits could be reviewed and changed in the future.
Retailers like Meijer are temporarily limiting the use of cash in most of its stores to help offset the coin shortage. Shoppers can largely only use cash at an in-person checkout line. Self-checkout machines are limited to credit and debit cards.
“While we understand this effort may be frustrating to some customers, it’s necessary to manage the impact of the coin shortage on our stores,” Meijer spokesman Frank Guglielmi said in an email.
A sign at Lowe’s in Fairlawn over the weekend read: “Attention customers: The U.S. is currently experiencing a coin shortage. Please use correct change or other forms of tender if possible.”
KeyBank said it’s monitoring the coin shortage and has guidelines in place to help manage coin circulation.
The bank said it “will continue to work to minimize the impact on our clients.”
The Fed suggests that banks only order the coins they need and allow customers to deposit rolls of coins again to help combat the shortage.
———
©2020 The Plain Dealer, Cleveland

Old 07-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Supporter

another article on the affects of the oin shortage.https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...rtan-dhp-feeds