Best scoop for river

Thebigd81

Been doing a little river hunting it's not too rocky small gravel and silt any recommendations for a decent scoop? I know usually don't use a scoop at a river but this hunting isn't bad and coins tend to be right on the surface

At 2.4 lbs. the Scoopal looks like a lightweight, affordable scoop. Not sure the metal handle wouldn’t be slippery when wet.

It is a great scoop. Worked for me so far. I guess you can always wrap it with a rubberized tape to reduce slipping. I bought a carbon fiber to make it ever lighter and sturdier.

The scoopal wont last long in large rocks, which is usually a problem in rivers. Great scoop, but not the best choice for rocky rivers. Your going to need something stronger, like a stealth, T-rex, or xtreme scoop. I'm still trying to justify dropping 2-300$ on a scoop myself :roll: I know it will be worth it, just a tough trigger to pull! Good luck, and keep us posted on your decision!

The scoopal wont last long in large rocks, which is usually a problem in rivers. Great scoop, but not the best choice for rocky rivers. Your going to need something stronger, like a stealth, T-rex, or xtreme scoop. I'm still trying to justify dropping 2-300$ on a scoop myself :roll: I know it will be worth it, just a tough trigger to pull! Good luck, and keep us posted on your decision!

I ended up getting a 9.5 trex

I bought the T-rex 9.5 wide and bought a Carbon Fiber 35mm OD with 2.5 mm wall for it.

I have been using the 9.5 T-Rex for a number of years. I started with a wood handle but after a couple years it started to break down.. So i found a fiberglass handle that is a bit too small. So i put a dowell in the hole i the handle and shimmed the handle to fit the scoop. I have down a lot of digging with that scoop. Yes it is Heavy but i dont drag or carry it in my hands. I use a tool lasso, place the receiver on my belt with the bungy on the handle at the scoop and carry the upside down on my belt. Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom