• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nationwide coin shortage - THIS IS OUR TIME TO SHINE!!!

I wish I could help , but I can't. I only find gold rings...

This also happened in 1964 when they left silver for clad. Our local theater begged kids to pay for their Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" tickets with coins.

Omg ! ?? Are you old enough to remember the "Beatles " ? Or even the monkees ? Wow you're old, Haha.. :laughing:

Omg ! ?? Are you old enough to remember the "Beatles " ? Or even the monkees ? Wow you're old, Haha.. :laughing:

Please don't leave out The Archie's and my all time favorite The Bananasplits !

Well, yes. I was 14 when I started this MDing thing which instantly led to bottledigging (in 1969) so I'm guilty of being an "Old Phart". Yes I even still have all my old Beatles 45s (with the picture sleeves!) I bought back then.

I prefer to call myself "Experienced" , not "Old".:lol:

I wonder if some of the banks have or will drop their coin machine fees, and stop sniveling about customers with coins. My credit Union's lobbies are still closed; no access to the counting machines.

Hey Tom> What the hell you talking about> I was 6 months from graduating high school when the Beatles hit the charts in the USA. Please please me, love... love me do. Oh yeah, the good old days!!!!! My daughter still has my original albums.
When you get older, all you have is Good memories of the 60's. Or 70's, or 80's. You'll get there.

I wonder if some of the banks have or will drop their coin machine fees, and stop sniveling about customers with coins. My credit Union's lobbies are still closed; no access to the counting machines.
Banks drop their fees, good one!:lol::lol::lol: Glad to hear you’re with a CU.

I took my bag of cleaned finds to the credit union this afternoon. Was met at the door by a young lady who wanted to see ID. Then had me pull my mask down enough for her to see my face. She took my bag of coins and ran them thru the machine for me.
Brought me the receipt and then allowed me in the building to get green money. I knew approximately how much I had in the bag and the receipt reflected what I thought.

I cashed in $229.55 Had thirty some of those junky one dollar coins in the bag. Only one coin got rejected. a 2018 10 groszy from Poland.

Back
Top Bottom