• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Local California Token Find!

Diggum

Elite Member
I found this tonight. I can't find any information on it online, and I can't make out enough of the words on it to tell what kind of token it is. I can make out "THE EXCHANGE" and "ROCKLIN, CAL", along with NO and a partial word ROM. The other side I can barely see "GOOD FOR" and that's it. Does anyone recognize this one? Looks like someone drove a nail through it, unfortunately...

It seems to be made of some sort of copper compound (rang up higher than a nickel, though it's the same size, but not as high as a copper penny). Safe to use olive oil to clean this further?

Attachments

• 20190417_200226.jpg
    20190417_200226.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 20190417_200258.jpg
    20190417_200258.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 330
I found this information, but there is no image of the token. With it being in such rough shape, I dont think that olive oil would do much. I might tumble it with some aquarium gravel to see if you can get anymore details.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190417-214424_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190417-214424_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 337
That’s one of my bucketlisters - a local token. Was hoping one would turn up where I was finding silvers but I don’t think it’s old enough. Got another spot I’m going to try but I think tokens are a rarer breed around here. Nice work Diggum, really nice work!

Great token Diggum!!
Thanks, Ron!

I can look it up in my California Token book and see if there is any info later when I get home. Cool find.
I appreciate that, Jamflicker! Still trying to figure out why someone would give up a drink just to drive a nail through it. :?:

That’s one of my bucketlisters - a local token. Was hoping one would turn up where I was finding silvers but I don’t think it’s old enough. Got another spot I’m going to try but I think tokens are a rarer breed around here. Nice work Diggum, really nice work!
Thanks, GS! Come on down, and I'll take you where I found mine! :yes:

Did you actually find that in Rocklin? If not what town did you find it in, if you dont mind me asking? If you do thats cool too. If you found it in Rocklin thats even cooler since a lot of Rocklin is paved over suburbia.

Back
Top Bottom