• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A MOST unusual permission

Chipk

Elite Member
Anytime I see a place that I’d love to hunt and there is a For Sale sign I always knock on the door and volunteer to search the grounds to recover anything they may have lost. Sometimes they ask me to look for something. Sometimes it’s simply yes. Well nothing compares to what happened yesterday.

I saw a gorgeous home on a massive lot in the historic area of St Marys Georgia. The For Sale sign mentioned it was built in 1820. Grabbed a business card and knocked on the door. Soon an elderly man answered. “WHADDYA WANT?” he yelled. I handed him my card and started to explain and he yelled “I’M IN A POKER GAME. I’VE GOT TO GET BACK!” I apologized and said I’d come back and he yelled “NO! GO TO THE SIDE DOOR!” So I went to the side and he let me in and led me to a huge kitchen where 6 guys were playing poker at a table. I laughed and said I play poker 3 times a week. Soon I had a conversation with one of the players. The owner again yelled “I LET YOU IN TO WATCH. QUIT INTERUPTING THE GAME!” So I watched them play a game of 7 stud high/low. When the game was over the owner calmly asked me if I really do play poker and when I assured him I do he asked what I wanted. I explained and he said it was fine. He then asked if I wanted to play with them sometimes and I said yes. Then 2 more guys asked for my cards and said I could hunt their places too.

Got a great permission and maybe some new friends too.

You never know what you might get until you ask.

That's a really cool story !

The different people you meet and the stories they have to tell are a added bonus that you get from being in this hobby.
I've heard some pretty interesting tales from old timers over the years while asking permission to hunt their properties !

Good Hunting !

Fresh Meat! Careful! Those Old guys will skin you bigtime! What a great set of permissions! Heres an idea! Go see if their yards are worth anything, if so, play some poker with them and let them win a few hands...you will get the rest of the permissions from that gang of thieves!! If theres no goods in the yards, go skin THEM at Poker for a payback!!

"Shaddup! Stop INTERRUPTING THE GAME!" :laughing::laughing: I loved it!

Yahooo WIN WIN right there. Just a little advice though, I would hunt their yards BEFORE You take their money at poker. lol

HAHA I could picture this old coot as I read the story! Let us know what you find (and how much you lose at poker to these sharks!)

Always pays to be nice to the old guys! Did the other two tell you if they had older places too?

That's awesome on the permission, 7 stud high low is a great game too!
Ever play 3 5 7? Another favorite of mine...

Back
Top Bottom