Return To The 1853 Permission

beephead

Elite Member
I didn't do so hot today. I started off this morning in the back yard and had to give up because the EMI was so bad. Nothing I could do with my Deus and Nox would stop the constant chatter. Added to that they were blowing leaves in the backyard of the house next door. I was about come unglued, so I headed to the front yard where the EMI wasn't as bad.

The next time I go back, I'll be armed with my F75DST and Fisher CZ3D to see how they can handle the EMI from Hell. I wish I had a 11" DD search coil for my Gold Bug Pro. It usually does really good at bad EMI sites. All I have for it now is the 5" x 10" search coil and it won't get down deep enough for silver coins. I may take it with me anyway, because it will bang nickels hard.

Anyway, I did manage to find a War Nickel, a V-Nickel, a Buffalo Nickel, 6 Jefferson Nickels, a Indian Head Penny, a bar of lead, 1949 Rabies Tag, a Sterling Silver Cuff Link, a few Wheat Pennies, some Clad Coins and some other junk. The Nox sure loves nickels. LOL Rain is headed our way, so I'll be able to get some rest from detecting.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 157
That’s some good finds, next time take the now out of multi and go to single freq in the bad emi if dropping sensitivity don’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Everyone! This site is going to become my test bed to see which of my detectors and what settings handles the EMI Hell the best. The EMI is coming somewhere from the back of property because the front portion isn't as badly affected.

I've been doing some reading about EMI and this written by Steve Herschbach makes a lot of sense.

In mild ground a trick to reduce EMI is to reduce the receiver sensitivity, which also reduces the EMI. Increasing the TX however adds no EMI but can add back the depth lost by reducing the receiver sensitivity. But again ,this only really works in mild ground.

beephead

Or grab one of your Tesoros:D

Yep, my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached is deep and does great at handling EMI. Since I'm at a site where I'm digging all non-ferrous targets anyway, it should do great. Thanks for reminding me!

beephead

Great pics, and some very nice rewards. Congrats on the Silver Nickel and the Nickel trifecta, the Indian, the Sterling and all the rest. I think before your done with this site you will throw your whole arsenal at it. Trapper

Great pics, and some very nice rewards. Congrats on the Silver Nickel and the Nickel trifecta, the Indian, the Sterling and all the rest. I think before your done with this site you will throw your whole arsenal at it. Trapper

Thanks! It's like having your own small park to detect without anyone there to bother you. It's going to give me a chance to tryout all my detectors. Being a pre-civil war house there's no telling what might pop out of the ground. That lead ingot could have been silver or gold. The original owner was a wealthy man and had lots of kids to lose things.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom