• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Best Ever...?

valkyrie00

What is the most valuable coin you have discovered with your detector? Please no "Air Detecting" over your collection of Morgan's :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the reminder. It would have to be a gold panda coin ring when I first got into detecting. I guess that counts as a coin? Anyway, no picture and I pawned it for $65 if I remember correctly. Man I was an idiot...

I loved being asked this because it was an unbelievable find in a sanded vita-course station back in 2008 - an 1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin!

Attachments

• 1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin.JPG
    1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,949
  • 1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin (1).JPG
    1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin (1).JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,944
I loved being asked this because it was an unbelievable find in a sanded vita-course station back in 2008 - an 1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin!

Thats awesome!!! Hope to find a gold coin someday...Just curious whats a sanded vita-course station anyways..

Yeah, what's a "sanded vita course" and since I'm in the Miami area,
should I be hunting them? :grin:

As for my most valuable coin, I've found so many foreign coins since
this area is so international that perhaps one of them is the most valuable
and I don't know it. Otherwise, so far probably a silver dime?

Thats awesome!!! Hope to find a gold coin someday...Just curious whats a sanded vita-course station anyways..

A vita-course is series of small exercise areas laid out over a course at a park. Each area focuses on a different exercise/muscle group. Some have bars designed for push-ups, sit-up benches, pull-ups, etc. Only a few Metro-Dade & City of Miami parks have them.

A vita-course is series of small exercise areas laid out over a course at a park. Each area focuses on a different exercise/muscle group. Some have bars designed for push-ups, sit-up benches, pull-ups, etc. Only a few Metro-Dade & City of Miami parks have them.
I bet the person who lost that wishes theyd stayed home watching TV rather than working out:lol:

We'll I have been detecting for 30 years and other than rings I have not really found anything I would consider that was worth much. I did find a nice 1876 Indian Head the other day that would probably sell for $30 - $50

Most valuable was this, although not exactly a coin....

tokens.jpg

This is front and back of a token. I found 2 of them. They were #2 & #3 known examples. I sold them to a top collector for an unspecified amount ;)

mine would have to be an 1864 small moto 2 cent piece that i dug last year and sent to anacs to have authenticated slabbed and graded...it has corrosion issues but came back ef 45 details

Back
Top Bottom