• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Need a Tesoro DeLeon Schematic

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
About 2 weeks ago I was using it, no problems. On the 2nd day, the TID started acting erratic, bouncing all-over the place. Fine, switched to Vaquero.

In between, I did remove the battery box to replace the grip, powered-up afterwards, everything fine.

Fast forward a week or so, used the DL most of a day, everything fine. Yesterday I broke the DL back out in the corn field I was hunting, same issue (erratic).

Also, the speaker had stopped working months ago, no problem as I use headphones 100% of the time, and I'd actually forgotten about it when I was inside it to replace the grip.

Today I pulled the faceplate to see what I could see. I found the speaker issue, white wire off HP jack came off board, re-soldered, problem solved.

At this time I also found the yellow wire off the back of the coil connector (on control box) was also off, as well as another wire broken all but 1-2 strands, repaired.

I'm unable to tell by looking where the yellow wire off the coil connector goes on the board. I've searched the www, and so far, no luck. Anyone happen to have a schematic or a pic of the back side of their control board?

Thanks!

Look at the back where all the coil wires are soldered. Generally they will all be in one row, then look closely with a magnifying loop to see if you can see the tell tale sign of a solder joint with a piece of wire attached in the center of it. the coil wire being stiff should naturally be in the general area it came off at.

Stiff wires were always my complaint with Tesoro, they break off. Think the reason they use stiff wire is that it will stay in the shape they bend it to, thus stay in a position intended.

Contact Tesoro - they're great to deal with and I'm sure they'll help over the phone or by email.

Look at the back where all the coil wires are soldered. Generally they will all be in one row, then look closely with a magnifying loop to see if you can see the tell tale sign of a solder joint with a piece of wire attached in the center of it. the coil wire being stiff should naturally be in the general area it came off at.

Stiff wires were always my complaint with Tesoro, they break off. Think the reason they use stiff wire is that it will stay in the shape they bend it to, thus stay in a position intended.

Not the case this time, it was on the headphone jack, but not the coil wiring. I looked closely, but there were a couple spots where wiring solders from the opposing side of the board, and the wire strands protrude the back side.

Appreciate the advice!

Contact Tesoro - they're great to deal with and I'm sure they'll help over the phone or by email.

I may end-up just sending it in. I've had it several years, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have it gone-over anyway.

Thanks!

Well, went back out this AM, and I swear another wire (white one off the coil this time) was laying loose :shock: I got Gremlins :D

Anyway, fired-up the soldering iron, made my best guess, and let-er-rip.

Must have got it right, because after it passed the smoke test, I took it out to the last field it caused me issues, and used it for over 4 hours, so at this point I'm gonna use it. Any more issues, and it'll get sent home for a little R&R.

Back
Top Bottom