Impact cracking.

ghound

Elite Member
Seen 2 guys posting elsewhere about cracks on their Impacts at the camlocks, the users might have been heavy handed or dropped them, but worth keeping an eye on just incase.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1504515847295.jpg
    FB_IMG_1504515847295.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 162
As I posted on facebook group site.
All plastic cam type locking collars will be damaged if too much force is applied when closing the latch. If you feel any resistance when closing the latch, stop, take a look and see if there is dirt or other debris causing the latch from closing easily. Might be a good idea to every now and then, clean the area out and hit it with a shot of WD40. All the parts of the cam lock are plastic except for the steel pin that holds everything together.

On other detectors with the coil cable on the outside spiraling up to the control box, before closing or even opening the cam lock latch, look to see where your coil cable is. You might be closing the latch on the cable. The latch may also then break.

When the weather starts dropping in temps to freezing, those who go and hunt should be careful with the cam locks. Depending upon the quality of the plastic they can be come brittle.

I'll throw this into the mix, YRMV, of course.
Wife does horse carriage driving. Florida sun is brutal sometimes, solution: pop-up canopy. Lasted 18 months. All, ALL(!) the plastic camlocks, very similar to above, shattered. Some into multiple pieces. Conclusion: cheap knock-off copies.
PS canopy was from nationwide box store chain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom