Makro Racer

Al19067

Having trouble with target Id's, Penny is coming up as 82, .10 coming up as 85, .25 is coming up as 88-91, too me it seems like those numbers are too close does anyone know how I can change this? Like what settings do I have to set? Thanks for your help

Having trouble with target Id's, Penny is coming up as 82, .10 coming up as 85, .25 is coming up as 88-91, too me it seems like those numbers are too close does anyone know how I can change this? Like what settings do I have to set? Thanks for your help

This is just how it is on this one and you can't change that, too many things coming in at 82 was/is a big problem for many.
This frustrating issue was mentioned a lot by several owners and the prime reason a lot of them got dumped, if you dig everything not a problem but if you actually like to be a bit more picky about what you dig it is.
The company listened and spread out those numbers more on the Racer 2 but sorry to say you are stuck with it on this one.

I can tell you if you turn the disc up a little past 82 it turns this thing into a premiere high tone coin shooter, but of course those lower and mid tone targets will be left in the dust.
Notching would help a lot in this area to keep in the nickel and gold areas and avoid that stupid problematic zinc range but alas...no notching on this one either.

Last edited:
It's something you will get use to. A silver merc came in as 88 ,same as a quarter, sort of feel like you should never pass up digging a 88 id.This machine is so easy to use. Dilek posted this about gain for the racer in an older thread ffrom another forum,I thought it would be worth posting here again for those of us who use the racer.
"The electronic gain of the RACER consists of 3 levels to eliminate the internal electromagnetic noise and to adjust the saturation level. The electronic gain change points correspond to levels 39 and 69 on the Gain setting. In case of saturation, you may raise your search coil a bit or adjust the Gain to the lower electronic gain level. For example, in the All Metal and Two Tone modes, if the Gain is set to 70 or above and if saturation occurs, adjusting the Gain to 69 or 39 will eliminate the saturation. Similarly, if you experience saturation in the Three Tone mode, adjusting the Gain to 39 will be sufficient. Reducing the gain will not cause a dramatic decrease in depth. "

Penny is coming up as 82, .10 coming up as 85, .25 is coming up as 88-91. Three different coins three different id numbers, sounds like not a bad thing to me.

I bought the Deteknix wr6 for my racer , will give it a run tomorrow. I like the Headphones, got a set for the Deus puck, love them so picked the wr6 up for my other machines but zip tied it to the racer for the weekend. Makro no longer offers the dongle and headphones for the racer but do for the racer 2/impact which does NOT work for the first racer. It seems that Phillips left them in Dutch for the racer headphone source. That might be my best attempt at a pun...:roll:

All went well with the Deteknix wr6.I didn't find a lot but pulled a 1917 & 1942 wheat while trying the system out. The Deteknix head phones are the most comfortable set I've ever used, perhaps the loudest as well. DSC02757.JPG

Back
Top Bottom