Gold coin.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

Had a few days away visiting family and always try to get a few hours of detecting in. you can read more about that here..... http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2580782#post2580782 It was suggested I post a thread in this section.

Best find of the visit by far and my first gold coin. I was using the ATG with iron at 35 on Discrim 1 mode. The coin was about 5" down, a nice bubbly tone and needed teasing out of very stony soil. I'm attributing the damage to the coin to the plough and stones and believe it was in mint condition when lost. I wiped the mud from it, crouched stunned for a moment before realising I had wet myself (only joking :lol:). I stood up, kissed it, raised it to the heavens and thanked whoever led me to it, then placed it on the clod for the photo.

http://www.apmex.com/product/84040/1798-great-britain-gold-1-3-guinea-george-iii-ms-61-pcgs

Thanks,

b.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5060.jpg
    rsz_dscf5060.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,862
  • rsz_dscf5061.jpg
    rsz_dscf5061.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,849
  • rsz_dscf5061 (1).jpg
    rsz_dscf5061 (1).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • rsz_1dscf5060.jpg
    rsz_1dscf5060.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,172
Last edited:
A GOLD coin find like that? I woulda pist myself bloody stupid! Not figuratively either...then I woulda swallowed it..I dont know why...but thats my plan if I ever find one!:laughing: Congratulations on a true beauty of a gold coin there Bodkin!
Mud

A GOLD coin find like that? I woulda pist myself bloody stupid! Not figuratively either...then I woulda swallowed it..I dont know why...but thats my plan if I ever find one!:laughing: Congratulations on a true beauty of a gold coin there Bodkin!
Mud

I did check - just in case :lol: It was safe in my pouch so there was no need to eat it :laughing:
Thanks buddy.

:shock: That's truly an awesome find! Something that many of us will spend an entire lifetime hoping to pass our coils over. Huge congrats!!

I don't have an at gold but I do have an at Pro you said your gold coin was a... nice bubbly tone ... what is a bubbly tone?

:shock: That's truly an awesome find! Something that many of us will spend an entire lifetime hoping to pass our coils over. Huge congrats!!

Thank you. Heaven knows what we have missed over the years. As you say, the coil has to pass over it.

I don't have an at gold but I do have an at Pro you said your gold coin was a... nice bubbly tone ... what is a bubbly tone?

You won't get it with the Pro. Different metals have different sounds, depending on thickness/mass. Just how I would describe the sound in my headphones

Very nice! Welcome to the Gold Coin Club! :cheers:

Wow I didn't know one existed :grin: Did a song pop into you head at all ?I had the Chilli's Saviour, just enough your saviour.... now you see what I came for, no one is to blame for misunderstand, all in hand...... Weird :yes:

I'm enjoying the AT Gold much more than the AT Pro for my style of hunting. I love the tonal information over the AT Pro. Was this coin in the 60's?

Back
Top Bottom