What is your biggest find?

BugOutBob

I'm just looking for stories to get me through the winter until I can get out again.

My biggest find was last summer. It was a tire that I'm pretty sure was still attached to a tractor, I stopped digging after I realized it wasn't going to budge. :lol:

Gotta say, my biggest so far was Thor's Hammer!

Attachments

• IMG_20150207_144221893.jpg
    IMG_20150207_144221893.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,571
Last edited:
the hood from a 1940's dodge truck....then the fenders....then the bumpers.....then my back started to hurt so I filled the crater back in and ran it over with the tractor to flatten it back down. :laughing:

Lawn chair buried under the sand.

Or the huge chain from a ship.

Once I saw what they were I reburied them...

Mine would either be this wagon/buggy wheel band or the whip saw blade. Both dug with a cheap hand digger by the way! :mad:

Doug

picture.php

picture.php

I remember i dug up a long pole that was bent right in the middle, probably about 2 feet long, but I didn't keep that. Also found a shrimp can that is as large as a paint can and a huge iron door hinge, both at the same location.

Quick, rebury that and remove the pic so noone knows you was trespassing! :laughing:

Ssshhh why you got to point that out?! Actually the hurricane had blown that sign down onto the public area and buried it. The snooty rich ppl that didn't want us on their area replaced it with a sheet of plywood and spray paint with misspelled " no treespassing". We were nice enough to put their sign back on their property, well only because I had no way of taking my find home I had driven the Camry that day.

My biggest find was part of an old wood stove I couldn't haul out and my biggest keeper would be this ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:
My biggest find is still undug. One of those awesome sounding 'coins sized' targets that I dug 2' and still nothing but a solid 89 always in the bottom of the hole! I don't even wonder what it might be. To !!!! with it.....

On to the next....'aint nobody got time for that'.....

Two years ago I was hunting the beach near Ft Clinch on Amelia Island and got an extremely strong signal. I started uncovering a large iron circle with a flanged bottom. It was about 4 feet across. Thinking it could be a part of a gun mount from the fort or part of a shipwreck I summoned the Park Rangers. The first two to arrive were very excited at my find, thinking it must have some historical significance. However a third arrived and declared it was a coupler from a dredging project 5 years ago.
We covered it back up and kept hunting.

Mine was a iron broken flange off what seemed to be a pipe about 12" dia. No bolt holes in it though. The rest still lays buried for the next guy to try digging out.

Back
Top Bottom