Unstable threshold on Sov XS

Auriemma

Question... I took my Sov XS out for a walk last night with the S-12 coil. I set the SENS to about noon. DISC was at the dot in Foil. Notch at ZERO. The threshold wasn't very stable in either DISC or ALL. It kept changing when no targets were near. Any ideas how to stabilize it? Turning down the SENS maybe?

My first sov GT was waterproofed and had an S-12 coil hardwired into it... I had the same problem and was told it is a HOT coil, don't be afraid to turn down the sensitivity, maybe even to 3 o'clock or more.... try to get more info on that coil, it might have a little steeper learning curve.

Try slowing your sweep speed and you can also lower your volume to see if that helps. Tuats a big coil and its reading alot of ground......thats an excellent coil by the way.

Thanks. I have remounted all the hardware on a Plugger CF shaft and added a XS2 meter. I went out recently with the 8" Coinsearch coil mounted. Very good coil, nice sensitvity and seperation.

Thing is, with the CS 8" on, it started falsing with the SENS at noon. I had to turn it down past 3 to quiet it down. But, I ended up turning it back up and dealing with it. Still found more clad, but its just annoying. When I home, I cleaned it and swapped out the battery pack for a fresh one. I will get to try it again tomorrow.

I am concerned my XS is dying after putting quite a bit of money into it.

So... The CS8 needs to be on AUTO SENS said or turned way down. Mounted the S-12 Intruder, much better. SENS at 12-1. Works much better for me.

The Sovereign is a hot machine, I've had my sensitivity down to 4 oclock (almost minimum) on really hot ground and still was hitting targets pretty deep. Don't be afraid to turn the sensitivity down until it stops falsing.

Back
Top Bottom