Sell my ace 150 and buy ace 250 or buy the garrett pro pointer?

Poltem

Hey guys, i am thinking about selling my ace 150 and buying the ace 250 because of the better discrimination and the pin point option, but i was thinking maybe i should keep my ace 150 and buy a garrett pro pointer instead, and then save up my money to get an garrett at pro. You guys got any tips for me?

Go ahead and get the 250. Get a Centech from Harbor Freight. Put what you saved by buying the Centech and whatever you find with the 250 towards the AT Pro. Just my opinion.

Buy the Whites TRX pin pointer, it will detect a coin size target at 4" so you get close with your 150 and can nail the object before you did with the pin pointer. Not much price difference from the PP and 2x the depth. Discrimination is not all it is cracked up to be, multi tones is more useful in my book.. dont' use the discrimination on my machine at all, no real need to. I know what a nail sounds like, a bottle cap, pull tab, foil and a coin.. Why not know what is in the ground rather than swinging in silence ... Would not trade my TRX for 5 Pro Pointers, it is worth the price and then some. BTW I had the HF $16 toy and it served the purpose but also made me realize that the cost of the TRX was well worth spending.
Good luck!

If you decide to get a pp,get the new Whites TRX best on the market,hands down. The pro pointer is a throwaway. But you know,
you don't really need a pp,they are handy but not a must have. You can just save your money up for your atpro.
HH

Boy thats tough, overall I would be looking at a used AT Pro for ya but if you cant swing that then the propointer is the way to go!

It doesn't matter what you swing, you need a Garrett ProPointer to go with it.

Yeah you can detect without one, but it's not much fun.

beephead

Get a THREE fifty...

I got the 250 and while I LOVE that little beauty, I did get a DD coil right away a few months in. Once I put the DD coil on, I never went back to the concentric. The difference between the two coils is tremendous in my opinion. So get the one with the DD coil up front. DO get a Harbor Freight PP to start with but save up and get a better PP when you can, I got the Minelab Pro Find 25 over the Garrett PP but to each his own.

Good luck and happy hunting!

The 250 would be a nice upgrade if you can't afford better !! As far as a pinpointer, I would highly recommend the Whites TRX over the Propointer. It is a much better pinpointer IMHO.

I'd look into an F2 or Eurotek but the 250 is still a good option. Always upgrade your detector first, accessories can come later. It might take you slightly more time to find targets without a pinpointer but an upgraded detector with pinpoint will not only find you more items, and deeper but also get you close enough to locate it fairly easily with the pinpoint feature. I've been detecting 25 years without a pinpointer, that being said I will get one eventually but right now I'm more concerned with detector upgrades and new coils. :D

Well if you go with the propointer you will be out a 125 bucks,they are junk. I would rather put it toward a new machine then to throw away $125. Your machine will hold some value over time, a broken propointer is of no value.:grin:

This is from my own past experience.

If I was you, I would go with the Gpp, then save for the ATP. You can use the pp with either detector. Go from a 150 to 250 IMO is a waste of your money.
ATP would be a nice upgrade:yes: Good luck!

I got the 250 and while I LOVE that little beauty, I did get a DD coil right away a few months in. Once I put the DD coil on, I never went back to the concentric. The difference between the two coils is tremendous in my opinion. So get the one with the DD coil up front. DO get a Harbor Freight PP to start with but save up and get a better PP when you can, I got the Minelab Pro Find 25 over the Garrett PP but to each his own.

Good luck and happy hunting!
Agree and would add that once you get the 250 with the DD coil you might not want to upgrade to the AT pro. Depends on your hunting conditions. The AT Pro does have more features.

If you can, just wait and save for the ATP. But if you are dying to upgrade there are way better MDs out there than the 250/350 in that price range.

Someone else mentioned the F2 and the Eurotek. Both are better than either of the aces. For the price of the 350 you can get either of those with a DD coil.

The Eurotek pro is the new entry level King of the hill in my opinion, the F2 is basically the same technology (board, chips, coil, etc.) but the Eurotek is more up to date.

Back
Top Bottom