USPS Frustration

jww311

Waiting on my new coil was supposed to be delivered on the Apr. 2. But this is what the tracking info says as of today. Has anyone had this happen before?

April 5, 2014 , 10:12 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
FOREST PARK, IL 60130
April 4, 2014 , 10:21 pm
FOREST PARK, IL 60130
April 4, 2014
Depart USPS Sort Facility
FOREST PARK, IL 60130
April 3, 2014 , 11:25 am
FOREST PARK, IL 60130

Yep

The last two shipments have took the sorting facility tour, POOR service, 2 day priority mail taking 5 Business days , not good, its worth the extra cash for FedEx or UPS, that's' 4 sure, Earl

ok good to know at least im not the only one who has experienced this...I had no choice in the matter it was the free shipping option.

Just went through the same thing myself a few weeks ago, my package was stuck in the sorting center for 5 days! You can get on the USPS website and there is a form you can fill out with the info and they will try to get it broke out of the abyss.

Sometimes I wonder if they intentionally hold packages sent cheap, to encourage people to pay for the 'faster', more expensive shipping options. Order a part for my air conditioner few weeks ago. Wasn't in a huge rush, only getting into the low 80s. It arrived in the sort facility Orlando in two days, sat for another three days, delivered as promised. Couldn't help to think that if I had paid that extra $8.00 for two business days... It was a $3.50 part, paid $6.00 standard shipping, more just seemed excessive.

Was told by an employee at my post office once it leaves their place and gets to sort facility it is processed with machines on a conveyer belt so he told me to make sure that all address info is clear and precise as when they type it in and place a routing sticker the machine reads it through a scan and processes to its destination if it cant read the bar code it just keeps going on the conveyer til a human picks it up and reads and try's to get it to the correct dispatch point

I had a 2 day recently that travelled back and forth between the same two facilities for a week. It would hit one facility, leave there and go to the next facility, that facility would then send it back to where it came from. They eventually got it to me several days late. Don't waist your time calling them. Trust me.

Sent from my Mobile Command Center (MCC)

Ya I have had this problem happen before with another package but never for this long. I am sure the package has a printed shipping label on it because it came from colonial metal detectors just dont understand why the postal service is sucking so bad....I had 2 other packages that came from the same facility with no problems this week. It is super annoying bc I was hoping to have this coil that is comming today so I could go hunting with it and obviously its not here. :no:

I feel your pain. Everything I ship here in Indiana, even to Indiana, has to go through Forest Park!
They suck....period. They don't like to scan priority or regular tracking numbers and they commonly lose or misplace packages ALL the time.

I sold a couple coins 2 weeks ago to a guy in South Carolina. It wounded up in Massachusetts for a week before getting to S.C.!

Sometimes I wonder if they intentionally hold packages sent cheap, to encourage people to pay for the 'faster', more expensive shipping options. Order a part for my air conditioner few weeks ago. Wasn't in a huge rush, only getting into the low 80s. It arrived in the sort facility Orlando in two days, sat for another three days, delivered as promised. Couldn't help to think that if I had paid that extra $8.00 for two business days... It was a $3.50 part, paid $6.00 standard shipping, more just seemed excessive.

Sure, they hold non-expedited packages up. On the other hand, I've been really pi$$ed after paying for 2-day AND especially at times I paid for overnight and that service failed. We are at their mercy. In general, USPS has been great to me. I many times get my deliveries a day early with USPS.

Watching tracking to find that your package is stuck in a sort facility for 3 days is a bummer.

The Only way (DONT USE THEM)

WE can battle this , because you can never get someone to talk to , is never use them, if you notice , FedEx and UPS, along with Jr Ritter & others help them get the packages from point A to Point B, and they still screw up when the packages get close to there destination, so it might be cheaper, to use USPS, but it doesn't pay off when your waiting for packages that should have been here, or waiting for people to get there package, that people paid to get on time. Also keep in mind since the packages stay in limbo at sorting facilities there is a greater chance of a LOST package, most are only insured loss of 50.00 with USPS, you have a better chance of your packages not getting lost with UPS or FEDEX, and they are all insured 100.00 bucks, you just wonder, why the post office is loosing money :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:, they can't even deliver mail on my block without my neighbors getting my mail, someone mentioned that they want you to pay for a better service, well 2 day priority mail means it get's delivered the 2nd business day, not the 5th. business day, making the receiver, and seller sweat, USPS is without a doubt , the last resort,Earl

I ship about 2500 packages annually with USPS. 90-95% of the time packages arrive in 1-3 days. Sometimes they get misrouted. This is pretty uncommon.
I have the luxury of living in a small enough town where if I have an issue they know me and help me at the post office.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

package still in the mailroom 500

Processed through USPS Sort Facility FOREST PARK, IL 60130 April 6, 2014 10:23 am

is there anyone I can call to help me with this?

I did

Get a set of head phones on time, but the coil from NE, and the Etrac lower rod from PA the state next to this one :roll:, by passed this state to another sorting facility, South of Maryland VA, mistakes have been made, sorting error's, in my case 2 out of 3, = failure, bottom line. I hope you get your package soon, it would be better if you could communicate with them, but they are not like UPS , or FedEx, They are the LAST RESORT for me now, Earl

Back
Top Bottom