CRH for the first time...Skunkcity

Cat_Fish

Elite Member
After work I hit the bank to deposit some cash and decided to swap a 50 for some quarters after reading about it on here! A lot of fun to run through all of them! 4 or 5 1965s and several more 66, 67, 68s but no dice on the Ag this run! I have a major bank with at least a dozen branches directly on my commutes so swapping in and out of branches shouldn't be hard. Maybe I'll try to convince the fiance do some of the scoops and dumps as she is far more charming :)

Good luck all!

Nice I have also just most reasently started in with this hobby I have only done $100 in nickels and $100 in dimes but next I will either be doing pennie son 50 cent peices

Any luck on the first couple batches? I will have to work up to halves...I feel like asking for quarters seems reasonable, even in larger increments fairly regularly...but half dollars...I know its SOP here but I'm nervous the teller will just tell me to get lost!:laughing:

Any luck on the first couple batches? I will have to work up to halves...I feel like asking for quarters seems reasonable, even in larger increments fairly regularly...but half dollars...I know its SOP here but I'm nervous the teller will just tell me to get lost!:laughing:

You will never know until you ask! And you will not know the excitement of recovering a larger silver coin either if you don't ask! :D:D

Although I have not hunted quarters, I've heard and read that they are the hardest denomination to find silver in. I would try dimes next or if you can get halves (my bank doesn't order them so I don't hunt them either) you will have a much better chance of finding silver. If you are doing it just for the fun of finding old coins pennies are great, lots of wheats and once in a great while an Indian Head will pop up. Nickels are a lot of fun also as there's lots of pre '60s in a box and usaully a war nickel or two, then there is the buffalos and V nickels to look for too! Hope my ramble helps you out a bit! GL & HH on your future CRH!!!

My first time CRHing halves was a skunk too. The next day I went to a small town bank and bought all their halves. There was 10 complete rolls of 40%ers with 7 90%ers mixed in! I did it for a couple more months but never had that kind of luck again!

Quarters are few and far between.....but they are out there...........somewhere!

As for any skunk search.....it's called "coin roll hunting". If you found stuff everytime, you'd have to call it "coin roll finding"!

Just like fishing is called........."fishing".............and not "catching"!
:yes:

Back
Top Bottom