wonderfull garrett

brrttpaul

Hi all just wantede to say ive been after a new md old one had a battery cover missing (garrett 100) anyway i got in touch with garrett and they sent me free of chargse a new cover i know its not much but when you consider im in the uk and they sent it from america all free then credit where its due i cant fault them. now that i got it ive been messing with the settings trying to find which would be best it has a dial with trash,pulltabs,rings,coins if i put it between coins an pulltabs i do seem to pick up everything wifes ring and copper/silver coins if i put it to rings i dont get no signal of the silver any tips or help would be most appreciated and once again thank you garrett

I hate to say this but this was not Garrets best effort (possibly worse). Depth not great and as you have found out if you use much discrimination you end up missing all the best finds.
As Epi says you need to run little or no discrimination. Just knocking out small iron nails is as high as I would go. If you try to cut out foil, small Roman coins, hammered silver, fine rings etc will be lost.
The newer 150 is light years ahead and will allow you to minimise wasted digging without a huge loss of performance.

Garrett and Mary P

From the land of the Bluenose.....being a Garrett only swinger for 32 years I too can atest to the great customer service of Mary p at Garrett. Have one on the way now being repaired. After 17 years my Freedom 3 Plus's on off switch broke.....at least this time it wasn't because I fell off a cliff with it. Happy hunting! :P

thx for the tips guys really glad of it i am hoping that this particular model is temporary as im getting a 250 soon but i just wanted to get and give it a go

Back
Top Bottom