Battery springs came out of my ACE 300

KiowaRd

Forum Supporter
I went to change the batteries for only the second time in my new ACE 300. Took out the old batteries and when I started to put in the new ones I see that the middle set of springs had come out. This was in my living room so figured they shouldn't be too difficult to find, but even on my hands and knees looking everywhere I couldn't locate them. I'm worried that one of my puppies saw them hit the floor and then carried them out.
Since it's a holiday will have to wait till tomorrow to even call the dealer and see about getting a new set.
Posting this so that others with this style of detector will know to be careful when changing batteries.

picture.php

Sorry to hear.

I see one thing in your pic I don't like.

Having springs where the positive part of battery belongs,,,maybe not a good idea.
I can see the positive tip grabbing the spring when pulling batteries, hence spring gets pulled out.

Usually only one spring at negative side I've seen on most devices.
With a bar on positive side.

Hope you get fixed up soon.

OP, it will be a piece like the on the other ends (bottom of pic), a flat strip with 1 spring. Spring will go to left (looking at pic).

OP, it will be a piece like the on the other ends (bottom of pic), a flat strip with 1 spring. Spring will go to left (looking at pic).

You're quite right. Just watched a Garrett video on the ACE 300 and it showed changing the batteries. The piece that is missing is just like the bottom ones, a flat plate with one spring. When I get the replacement a think a drop of super glue behind it will be good insurance.

Found it, I guessed right. One of the puppies had carried it outside. Gotta watch them all the time. As my lady friend keeps saying: "Good thing they're cute..."

picture.php

You're quite right. Just watched a Garrett video on the ACE 300 and it showed changing the batteries. The piece that is missing is just like the bottom ones, a flat plate with one spring. When I get the replacement a think a drop of super glue behind it will be good insurance.

When you replace/remove batteries, be sure and push the end towards the spring first, that way you won't be dragging batteries against springs.
(Hope that makes sense)

Glad ya found it!

Found it, I guessed right. One of the puppies had carried it outside. Gotta watch them all the time. As my lady friend keeps saying: "Good thing they're cute..."

picture.php

I bet it was the one on the left. He looks like a trouble maker

Back
Top Bottom