Garrett At Max looks like delayed until after Labor Day

Anyone want to get rid of an ATP, control box only, no shaft, no coils..

Thinking someone might want to keep all that stuff, I only need the box..

At this point, it would have to be pretty cheap...

I'll eventually be getting the ATM...

<°)))>{

Translation: "Our Production System could not incorporate the changes suggested by our many field testers around the world in the time frame we originally anticipated. Since our manufacturing team is currently shorthanded with other product builds, we'll be adding the MAX to our production lines after Labor Day. Oh, and because no one knows what number they are on the master pre-order list, you'll just have to be patient."

I'm sure someone is going to make a comment on here about how Garrett is purposely creating this as a marketing ploy. While that may work with certain products, I highly doubt, after decades of selling detectors, that it would work well for Garrett in this particular instance. All they're going to do is piss people off because detector season is coming to an end in North America. I commend them for actually listening to their testers and complaints (from other models) and trying to put new-to-Garrett features into the ATM. I'll wait.

Translation: "Our Production System could not incorporate the changes suggested by our many field testers around the world in the time frame we originally anticipated. Since our manufacturing team is currently shorthanded with other product builds, we'll be adding the MAX to our production lines after Labor Day. Oh, and because no one knows what number they are on the master pre-order list, you'll just have to be patient."

I'm sure someone is going to make a comment on here about how Garrett is purposely creating this as a marketing ploy. While that may work with certain products, I highly doubt, after decades of selling detectors, that it would work well for Garrett in this particular instance. All they're going to do is piss people off because detector season is coming to an end in North America. I commend them for actually listening to their testers and complaints (from other models) and trying to put new-to-Garrett features into the ATM. I'll wait.

I think the problem is.
Were these folks like Hoover boys. Ect, actual field testers with the videos they posted.
Or were they being used to show the detector.
Guess what I am saying, why did Garrett set a date/ time frame to begin with before or during the different folks supposedly "field testing".

Cart got ahead of the horse somehow.

It's all supply and demand. Hopefully it means that Garrett wants to make sure they can fill the orders as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Dealing with the logistics of launching a new product can be a daunting task but if anyone is capable of working the kinks out, Garrett is. Hopefully the AT MAX will be worth the wait, and I can't wait to see and hear the future feedback.

If the AT MAX functions even better than the field-proven AT PRO and GOLD, then Garrett is sure to have another top performer in the stable. I love my AT Pro and any improvement to the machine is a welcome addition. There's a reason the AT Series of metal detectors is one of the most popular in the world. Can't wait to see what the MAX brings to the table.

Waiting patiently here!! I would rather it be as bug free as possible when i get it. I will not forget i was one of the first to get mx sport. When i got my hands on it i did not know there was software issues, i dumped as fast as i could thinking it was never going to come close to meeting my expectations for where i hunt. Then i felt guilty for selling to someone else thinking i dumped some !!!! on them. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the Max! Actually i remember calling whites and they told me there were no known issues , that is when i bailed fast!

I think the problem is.
Were these folks like Hoover boys. Ect, actual field testers with the videos they posted.
Or were they being used to show the detector.
Guess what I am saying, why did Garrett set a date/ time frame to begin with before or during the different folks supposedly "field testing".

Cart got ahead of the horse somehow.

Now that might be where Garrett bit off more than they can chew. They had to throw a reasonable date out there because, people like me probably wouldn't have placed an order if no date was provided. What I don't understand is why KellyCo charged my CC, claiming it was to hold a firm pre-order. Very strange, but maybe that's the norm in the detector dealer world? :?:

Now that might be where Garrett bit off more than they can chew. They had to throw a reasonable date out there because, people like me probably wouldn't have placed an order if no date was provided. What I don't understand is why KellyCo charged my CC, claiming it was to hold a firm pre-order. Very strange, but maybe that's the norm in the detector dealer world? :?:

Yeah, why don't dealers put holds on cards like hotels do?
For units not released yet.

Being bug free is very important.
Don't rush Garrett.

I did the same exact thing. Bought a mxsport had issues called whites they were like huh? Never heard of it... I sent back to dealer .. fast! Can't wait for the max to get here.

Waiting patiently here!! I would rather it be as bug free as possible when i get it. I will not forget i was one of the first to get mx sport. When i got my hands on it i did not know there was software issues, i dumped as fast as i could thinking it was never going to come close to meeting my expectations for where i hunt. Then i felt guilty for selling to someone else thinking i dumped some !!!! on them. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the Max! Actually i remember calling whites and they told me there were no known issues , that is when i bailed fast!

What I don't understand is why KellyCo charged my CC, claiming it was to hold a firm pre-order. Very strange, but maybe that's the norm in the detector dealer world? :?:

I got the same thing from my dealer. I'm sure I read somewhere that they wouldn't charge the card until the unit was ready to ship but when I went back I coundn't find that on their web site. Doesn't really matter too much as I'll wait with everyone else but...

I got the same thing from my dealer. I'm sure I read somewhere that they wouldn't charge the card until the unit was ready to ship but when I went back I coundn't find that on their web site. Doesn't really matter too much as I'll wait with everyone else but...

Dealers were told to not charge credit cards and not to take payment for the machines, if your dealer charged you, they are skirting the rules....

Dealers were told to not charge credit cards and not to take payment for the machines, if your dealer charged you, they are skirting the rules....

Exactly, Garrett told dealers in May after announcement to only take down a pre-order list and get your orders in with distributors and NOT to take payment from customers as at that time they we hoping for late June but did not want customers paying and setting expectations until they had a firm date.

Then everyone asked for volume control. They added it an it caused a 2 month production delay. Which they still stated "on track to start shipping end of August but still not 100%". Now at end of august they stated it will be another week basically.

Garrett gets the bad rap for all this and really it's communication with your dealer or big online retailers wanting to hold or reinvest your money that is the issue.

I do like how Garrett is working things out before the release. With as much hype for the Max there is, they could've rushed them out and had results we've seen before on rushed releases.

You'll always have the "can't wait" folk and the "whenever it comes out, I'll see how it does and then order" folk. I'm one of the latter.

In the face of a lot of progression and features in detectors, I'm glad to see Garrett coming out with a new unit. I hope it does well since their customer service is one of the selling points for their products.

I did the same exact thing. Bought a mxsport had issues called whites they were like huh? Never heard of it... I sent back to dealer .. fast! Can't wait for the max to get here.

Thats why I waited to buy the sport until they sorted everything out, best decision I ever made. love this machine and may have been turned off of it as many others were who used it before they sorted all the issues out. Garrett is probably doing this to avoid a situation like whites had with the sport.

Exactly, Garrett told dealers in May after announcement to only take down a pre-order list and get your orders in with distributors and NOT to take payment from customers as at that time they we hoping for late June but did not want customers paying and setting expectations until they had a firm date.

Do you have this in writing anywhere? It makes me mad that KellyCo skirted the rules. When I asked why they were going to charge my CC so early they claimed it was to get me a firm spot in line (yet when I asked what spot I was going to be in he said they didn't track that). WTH? This is my first experience with KellyCo and thus far I am weary. I'll upset the apple cart after I get my detector, but something doesn't smell right here...

Do you have this in writing anywhere? It makes me mad that KellyCo skirted the rules. When I asked why they were going to charge my CC so early they claimed it was to get me a firm spot in line (yet when I asked what spot I was going to be in he said they didn't track that). WTH? This is my first experience with KellyCo and thus far I am weary. I'll upset the apple cart after I get my detector, but something doesn't smell right here...

It wasn't just KellyCo...a lot of dealers were charging cards at the time the order was placed. I know mine did. When I asked if they had a lot of pre-orders I was told I was the 10th. They also said they couldn't guarantee that they would receive enough units in the first delivery to cover all of the pre-orders. Kind of wonder what the pre-order is for if they don't send enough units to start with.

It is simple, people that have placed their order and paid with credit cards will be first to receive, those that have not will have to wait in line for availability. Your protected by your bank.

Back
Top Bottom