Anyone got a Rutus Alter71?

Yep,I got one.

I don't have a first detector of choice per se.
Rather let the site dictate my choice and what I am after.

Rutus is hot on lower conductors even real small for an 11" dd coil and smaller high conductors.
You can hunt behind a lot of other good and great detectors,,,if there is any copper wire Rutus will find it seems.

I like the way the menus are layed out, the tone selection/choices and how they adjust.

There is a long thread here on this forum talking about Rutus.
Does in a lot of ways act like a Deus does.

I like the option of being able select normalization levels of Vdi, real, 6kj! And 12khz. If the detector didn't offer 6khz normalization I personally would 't have, would get rid of.

Good overall style it is made, simple and to the point.
Needs a say 7-9" dd coil though, I am watching one may be offered.
But the 11" coil as far as separation will out separate many other detectors wearing stock sized coils.

I have been wanting to detect but the rain won't stop here long enough.
My shovel gets filled with mud when I dig, makes it rough digging for finds.

Ghound here had one, Donsell I think still does.
There has been at least one version update.
Oh, forgot to say Detecting Mo (Craig)got one, don't know if he still has or not.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=247145

Last edited:
I do have one. I like that you have complete control over every setting, but learning the best tweaks for your conditions takes a while. I have to get a lot more hours in to be proficient.

But standard programs work very well though so you can just pick it up and go.

I like the hodograph a lot. It's another piece of information along with the VDI and Sound to help figure out what under your coil.

I wasn't very good with nickels on my AT Pro so I'm finding more of them with the Rutus, but I agree the VDI jumps a bit on them.

Loved that machine, found loads with it, very easy to get on with.
I can't think of another machine that can offer more user control / features than the Rutus in it's price category, it really is an all round land machine.

Im using a Deus at the moment and haven't clicked with it as i did with the Rutus, i'll probably end up buying another.

Loved that machine, found loads with it, very easy to get on with.
I can't think of another machine that can offer more user control / features than the Rutus in it's price category, it really is an all round land machine.

Im using a Deus at the moment and haven't clicked with it as i did with the Rutus, i'll probably end up buying another.

Did you sell your Rutus, ghound? It looked like it was making some great finds for you.

Yes mate, i always fancied trying a deus, so im using it at the moment, i regret selling the Rutus.

And I should have said you were making great finds with the Rutus, not it was making great finds for you.

There is a difference. You seem to know what you're doing and it shows in your finds.

The Deus was on my short list for a detector too. It has a lot going for it.

The Deus has been good so far, only had it a few weeks but i've not found anything it can do new or better than the Rutus, maybe a fraction deeper but not much in it.

Using the RA71 since February this year.
Using his machine is a real joy. This joy in using the RA71 was the boost I needed to get me new locations and permissions because my old ones were getting pretty empty.

Back
Top Bottom