Minelab CTX 3030 keypad woes

Toewe

Just took my 1+ year old 3030 to the FedEx store to be shipped to KellyCo for repair. Problem is the Menu button became almost useless - had to mash it multiple times to get it to respond. You know how often that button gets used if you have a 3030. Have many other 3030 users had this issue?

Thanks for looking and HH.

No, thank god. I believe I've had my CTX 3 years now. Both stock and 6" coils. The only problem I've had was my battery reached a point that it just wouldn't charge. Bought a new batt and no problems since. I do alot of rough hunting with it too. Heavy woods often, water, rain etc. I did have the rubberized grip start to peel and come apart. I used some self sealing silicone tape, re wrapped it and has held up now for a year and a half. Frankly, if I knew it was going to peel like that, I'd of wrapped it preemptively.

Just took my 1+ year old 3030 to the FedEx store to be shipped to KellyCo for repair. Problem is the Menu button became almost useless - had to mash it multiple times to get it to respond. You know how often that button gets used if you have a 3030. Have many other 3030 users had this issue?

Thanks for looking and HH.
Have had battery troubles and module troubles mine is about half a year old. Hoping I don't get button trouble. Internally button contacts like that are an easy fix but would void the warranty. Hopefully I won't have many more issues for such an expensive detector. I hope they get it fixed fast for you

KellyCo said they had about a two week backlog for warranty repairs when I called and longer for out-of-warranty repair. Means I'm swingin' an AT Pro in the mean time, which ain't really that bad, by any means. But we do get spoiled with all the bells and whistles that the 3030 includes. I especially love the GPS record of where I have searched and where each find was found - not to mention the miles walked and the hours of use.

Sorry to hear about the battery issues. Have read where some people have repaired them themselves if the battery is out of warranty and the issue is simply that the battery cycle-life is used up. Would save a chunk of change.

Anyway, thanks for replying, GL and HH.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I search a lot of large spaces and since my endurance is not that great. I'm only good for about 3 hours per day so I need a record of where I have already searched. It also means I have to search in serpentine or other structured paths that create rectangular coverage areas. That way I can pick up pretty close to where I left off previously without overlapping much or missing much. It works for me, might help you too. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom