Bounty Hunter Jr or Jr T.I.D for young kids

Bkeepes

Hello All! I am trying to decide which metal detector to get my oldest boys ages 3 and 4.5. I have tried the minelab go find 60 and it is too much machine for them. They can swing it but it's just not right for them. That is now one of my machines.

I have been looking at the Bounty Hunter Jr and the Jr T.I.D. Now I can get 2 of the analalog Jr's for the same price as one T.I.D. Has anyone used both or have both of these units? The T.I.D Which is digital and has the emojis that I think the boys will love but other than that I don't know how performance is between the 2.

I just want to hear some opinions from people that have gotten these for their kids and what they think. Or if you have a different machine other than these let me know how you like it. I have seen some offbrand models on different websites pretty cheap. Thanks in advance!

Bought my kids (were 3&4, now 5 & 7 year olds) a bounty hunter, then an Explorer.....and now they use a CTX. Bottom line is they just want to use the same tool dad is using.

Before they could read, they were looking at YouTube videos and could probably teach me a thing or two. Anyhow, just saw off some of the lower rod and the detector will be a perfect size.

I gotta say my only regret was not giving them a good detector at the get-go. The cheap detector often falsed and really rained on their parade. The CTX allows them to run anywhere and give an honest signal...ie, if it beeps, darn well better believe it's a real target.

Bought my kids (were 3&4, now 5 & 7 year olds) a bounty hunter, then an Explorer.....and now they use a CTX. Bottom line is they just want to use the same tool dad is using.

Before they could read, they were looking at YouTube videos and could probably teach me a thing or two. Anyhow, just saw off some of the lower rod and the detector will be a perfect size.

I gotta say my only regret was not giving them a good detector at the get-go. The cheap detector often falsed and really rained on their parade. The CTX allows them to run anywhere and give an honest signal...ie, if it beeps, darn well better believe it's a real target.

That's how my boys are right now. They want to watch "treasure shows" on YouTube. But as far as getting them a machine like me I will wait a few years on that. I ended up getting them the T.I.D for now just to make sure they like detecting first.

I only spent 100 bucks on 2 of them so if they seem to enjoy it I will get them a better one. Heck I can't even afford a CTX for myself right now lol. I will probably do like you did and get them the explorer it's a good machine and won't break the bank.

I might just buy an extra lower for my Etrac and cut it for them to see if they can handle it. Probably start them in 2 or 4 tone at first. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom