2016 CRH total, pic heavy!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT took part of His Royal Afternoon to go through and photograph the entire take for Year 2016...so here is the result:

KT purchased $135,000.00 in halves so He searched ~ 270,000 halves!

Year 2016:
90% silver halves: 82
40% silver halves: 348
Proofs - 111
NIFCs - 1477
Foreign coins - 21
Machine Overage - $55.82

At today's silver price, that translates to: $1320.70 melt value for $215.00 face value. I did recover one silver British coin valued around $5 US collectors value.

This was a good year...when looking back over the past years, since 2012 when KT started. Here are the totals from 2012 to 2016, inclusive of KT's Royal Horde.
90% silver halves: 252 - total silver value in horde: $1487.53
40% silver halves: 1743 - total silver value in horde: $4206.94
Proofs: 354
NIFCs: 5322 = face value saved: $2661.00
Machine overage: $912.39, over half this value came in 2012, when the machine KT was dumping into was not getting quality maintenance! HA HA

Enjoy the pics below...this week KT will start Year 2017 of CRHing halves.

Attachments

• CRH 2016 90%Ag halves.jpg
    CRH 2016 90%Ag halves.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 196
  • CRH 2016 40%Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 2016 40%Ag Kens.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 207
  • CRH 2016 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 2016 NIFCs.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 207
  • CRH 2016 87 Kens.jpg
    CRH 2016 87 Kens.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 208
  • CRH 2016 Proofs.jpg
    CRH 2016 Proofs.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 210
  • CRH 2016 Foreign, 1 silver.jpg
    CRH 2016 Foreign, 1 silver.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 199
  • CRH 2016 12 Au-plated Kens.jpg
    CRH 2016 12 Au-plated Kens.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 203
  • CRH 2016 stickered halves.jpg
    CRH 2016 stickered halves.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 280
  • CRH 2016 1 counterstamped 2 mint errors.jpg
    CRH 2016 1 counterstamped 2 mint errors.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 214
Very impressive. Not only the silver but the tip top record keeping. Thanks for sharing KT!

Thank you both for your kind comments. KT keeps records of each weeks finds in an Excel spreadsheet, making it relatively easy to pull up the yearly totals. This way KT has an accurate record of what is in the Royal Treasury! Ha ha.

And what?... Is everyone else speechless?...:no:?

Last edited:
Fantastic year, your highness! Hope you have continued success in 2017.
Yes, I am otherwise speechless :)

Nice job KT, thats a nice pile of silver. Maybe I'll post a total summary, ended the year with a total of 548 silver coins along with almost 60 buffalo nickels and 3 V nickels. Not bad for my first full year of trying this coin roll thing out. Good luck in the first week of 2017!

Great post and pics and record keeping your Majesty! I like how you incorporated the 'bank machine overages' there, that alone is free money!...and your investment dollar spend is remarkable, even after picking out the valuables of course, cashing in and stepping up for more.......

Truly a great synopsis of CRH strategy, commitment and methodology...You did good, and its been super fun for us to follow along with your success! Thank you!
Mud

Thanks everyone for their kind comments. It was an interesting year, for certain. His Majesty actually enjoys keeping the spreadsheet as it shows His progress as the year progresses. One of these days KT will weigh one of these boxes to get an idea of how much weight He is lifting each week! :laughing:

KT would be most interested to see the details of other CRHers here in the forum.

Incidentally, earlier today, KT hauled all this years coins to the Castle's Royal Dungeon and stored them away in KingTotsalot's Royal Treasure Chest. All under lock and key now! KT enjoys that annual chore for it gives Him some time to examine some of the other Royal acquisitions, like gold proof coins, war nickels, old silver dollar rolls, silver proof sets, etc. KT has never cataloged those items, just continued to accumulate them as the years pass by.:D:D

Hey KT, first of all congrats on all the awesome finds. I have followed your posts for a while now and recently have decided to start doing a little hunting of my own. I have made a few finds but was wondering if you clean your silver coins in any way or just keep them as you find them. I was thinking about just a little baking soda and water but dont want to ruin anything. Any insight you or anyone else here could give would be greatly appreciated.

Hey KT, first of all congrats on all the awesome finds. I have followed your posts for a while now and recently have decided to start doing a little hunting of my own. I have made a few finds but was wondering if you clean your silver coins in any way or just keep them as you find them. I was thinking about just a little baking soda and water but dont want to ruin anything. Any insight you or anyone else here could give would be greatly appreciated.

Do not use baking soda, despite being "soft", it will impart fine scratches that are readily seen with a hand lens by any coin dealer.

KT does clean all His 40%er Kens, except the 1970 Kens. They are too rare and have numistmatic value, unlike the more common dates. I use a liquid silver cleaning dip, purchased at the Jewelry Department of Target. Be certain you purchase the one for sterling silver...several different cleaners come in the maroon jars. KT likes the patina on most Walkers, but will clean one if it is super filthy.

Proofs are carefully washed with liquid dish soap after washing the hands liberally and drying with a clean towel..pat dry with a paper towel. Franklins are usually not cleaned, either. Rarely are NIFCs cleaned, usually to remove some person's magic marker scribbles...with fingernail polish remover and a q-tip..that is acetone, dissolves the marker but doesn't affect the metal of the coin.

Back
Top Bottom