Thinking About a AKA Sorex or Berkut

jimz49

I'm thinking about buying one of the AKA machines in the title. I've heard some good things about them and a few things that leave me wondering whether buying one would be a smart move. They're suppose to have very good depth and a very unique display. I'd like to try one but have reservations about no USA dealers or repair facility.

Has anyone here used an AKA and did you find them super deep and the screen more informative compared to some of the other machines (etrac, F75, etc) on the market? Would you consider them a risk given no USA support?

Hello Jimz49 and welcome!

I have run the Sorex Pro for about a year and really like it. I have the 6 inch DD coil that I use most of the time (7KHz) in old yards. It is really fast and picks through the iron really well and is very deep for a coil that size. Also, with the 6 inch coil, it is a breeze to swing all day. I run Eneloop batteries and it seems to go forever on a full charge.

The Hodograph is a unique tool that helps you decipher what might be in the ground. I dig anything with a nice straight line right of vertical. The farther right the more conductive and the shorter it is, the smaller or deeper the target.

I ordered mine right from Russia, PM me if you want more details.

A lot of information that I've looked at/watched shows the aka detectors going deep. I guess my other concern is support. I was hoping someone here in the US would open up a distributorship/repair center. That would give me more confidence to buy.

On the other hand, I could look for a used machine to help defray investment/risk. However, I haven't seen many in the used marketplace. I guess there just aren't that many users in the US.

I am looking into picking up the AKA brand to sell. They have a repair facility in Bulgaria. I do not think that would be to bad of a shipment. They told me that machines and equipment gets to the states in about a week. Maybe if there is enough sales they will open up a repair hub here. Hope to get these soon.:cool:

Hello Jimz49 and welcome!

I have run the Sorex Pro for about a year and really like it. I have the 6 inch DD coil that I use most of the time (7KHz) in old yards. It is really fast and picks through the iron really well and is very deep for a coil that size. Also, with the 6 inch coil, it is a breeze to swing all day. I run Eneloop batteries and it seems to go forever on a full charge.

The Hodograph is a unique tool that helps you decipher what might be in the ground. I dig anything with a nice straight line right of vertical. The farther right the more conductive and the shorter it is, the smaller or deeper the target.

I ordered mine right from Russia, PM me if you want more details.

Sounds like the XY screen on the XP Deus.

They are light, super deep, and well built. ID could use some improvement at depth and very customizable for better or worse like a v3i lite or deus. Well at least the berkut was.

Back
Top Bottom