1652 XII pence Oak Tree Shilling

I agree that it is a replica, but you guys could be a little nicer about it. You act like he is trying to sell it to you or something.

In a way he is trying to "sell it" to us , either by his naivety about colonial coins , being a very gullible subject to his friend or is purposely trying to "get one " by us . take your pick . there are some here who are very very good on these types of coins , copies , contemporary counterfeits and fakes.

you can just about see the cast molding seam line that goes around the outside perimeter of this copy .

I agree that it is a replica, but you guys could be a little nicer about it. You act like he is trying to sell it to you or something.

Shortly after I started detecting, I found what I thought was a piece of spanish silver at the beach. After I posted here I was quickly correctly and it turned out to be a replica. I was pretty glad these guys set me straight.

Don't you love it when someone just won't except something as a fake. And in this case it's an obvious one.

When I was a member of a club in NE, some guy brought in a collection of coins he'd found in a field as we had some talk from a coin .collector/ shop owner....he had found not one tree coins but three,I think it was a schillng, threpence and tuppence, I got to hold all three out of the coin protectors at the same time, they were worth combined about $20,000, now that's a bucket lister right there.

Back
Top Bottom