BH land ranger pro--- opinions?

playin4funami

Elite Member
Got a friend that I got hooked on detecting, would love any thoughts and ideas or first hand knowledge of this machine.

I like almost everything about mine except the pinpoint feature. Sometimes it works great and other times it seems to turn off and go back to whatever mode I was in. Noticed it on youtube vids also. That being said, I am still very happy with it.

how deep are you getting solid coin hits with it? The review vids show great depth but I would trust you guys and real life experience more, thanks

I like almost everything about mine except the pinpoint feature. Sometimes it works great and other times it seems to turn off and go back to whatever mode I was in. Noticed it on youtube vids also. That being said, I am still very happy with it.

If you bought it new, it's under warranty. In any event call Bounty Hunter and get some advice.

contact Bounty Hunter Customer Service at: 1-800-413-4131

A Customer Service Representative is available
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, Mountain Standard Time.

9 inch clad dime is not a problem. I was fortunate enough to acquire one prior to the big price increase. a very good buy for the price and function matches much more expensive detectors.

thank you N5XTR

The deepest coin was around 8 inches down, 1955 nickel. That is the oldest coin so far but I am pretty new. The pin point feature on the LRP will display a "t" when I get right on the target and then go back to whatever mode i was in while still holding the PP button. Either I am missing it or it is not described in the manual.

Page 18
Land Ranger Pro Manual

I re-read it and I think I will play with it more. If I am mis-using this feature, I am still getting within two inches of the target. Not bad for an 11" DD. I use the X strategy with the pinpoint feature and mark the spot with an icepick before I get down and start digging.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom