whats the best coil for a whites dfx?

FistFullOfCoppers

Elite Member
I have the stock issue coil for my dfx .
Im getting ready to purchase another size coil just wanted a few opinions from other dfx users .
Im looking for depth .
What is the purpose for bigger or smaller coils?

Hey there. My favorite coils for my DFX are the SEF 6X8 DD and the Ultimate 13" DD. The SEF is the one I use the most because it separates targets well, gets up to 8" depth and excels in trashy areas. The Ultimate 13" covers lots of ground and gets 10"+ depth and excels in low trash, wide open areas. Both coils are made by Detech and are available at KellyCo. GL and HH. Matt

If I wanted more separation than my 950 the Whites D2 is a good choice. Still gets good depth and the 12" coil is a little heavy for me. I use a 5.3 for real trashy places. All whites coils.

If I wanted more separation than my 950 the Whites D2 is a good choice. Still gets good depth and the 12" coil is a little heavy for me. I use a 5.3 for real trashy places. All whites coils.

Use the super12 on the beach on my DFX. But I had to quit using the coil cover due to weight.

Wet salt sand 9.5 coil works the best. I use that one on my V3i and when I owned a DFX I used it also.
HH, phil

I had a DFX and a V3i and I always preferred the stock 950 Concentric coil. The 4X6" DD shooter was good for trashy areas and nugget hunting and I had the 6X10" DD for a while but then preferred the 950 again... tried the 10" DD and thought it was cool looking and then again preferred the 950 concentric.. especially on ocean beaches.

I understand the urge to upgrade but it really depends on what you want to do with the extra coil. I'd get a better pinpointer first and better beach scoop or upgrade to nicer headphones before getting another coil IMHO

I prefer the 10'dd coil from whites , deep , and seperate's very well. I have to 10x12 sef coil but here in Va it sucks, it can't handle the hot soil. The 6x10 eclipse coil is a good solid performer for sure. Good luck in your decision.:yes:

I had a DFX and a V3i and I always preferred the stock 950 Concentric coil. The 4X6" DD shooter was good for trashy areas and nugget hunting and I had the 6X10" DD for a while but then preferred the 950 again... tried the 10" DD and thought it was cool looking and then again preferred the 950 concentric.. especially on ocean beaches.

I understand the urge to upgrade but it really depends on what you want to do with the extra coil. I'd get a better pinpointer first and better beach scoop or upgrade to nicer headphones before getting another coil IMHO

A sand scoop is useless for me since we do not have beaches here I baton rouge lol .
And im quite happy with my garret pin pointer it does what it was designed to do and quite well I might add.

12x10 not pictured finally bit the dust after years of beach hunting:lol: My cat also likes DFX coils:laughing: The flat 950 on the left I actually sent in with my DFX to Whites for a tune up on the machine.

Attachments

• SAM_1700.jpg
    SAM_1700.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,093
Back
Top Bottom