Metal Detector Discounts?

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hey All,

Was just sitting here wondering and this popped into my mind.

Is there anytime of the year when metal detectors are discounted? Like at end of year? etc..

Are they ever discounted when a newer/better model comes out?

I know some models stick around for years with just some modifications so its not like cars - with new models coming out every year.

Was just wondering about it.

GL and HH all!!!!

Minelab runs specials as well as Garrett.

Not a sale per say, but additional items for the same price.

Minelab had the free coil with the CTX and garrett does the combo packs.

Call the forum sponsors, you will get the best prices 365 days a year. No need for some gimmick sale.

Call the forum sponsors, you will get the best prices 365 days a year. No need for some gimmick sale.

DITTO!!! White's has $75 and $100 off several of their models now. That along with the excellent price the dealers here give and you have yourself a super deal!!!

I do purchase from the forum sponsors.
I guess I was kind of asking if the dealers ever had a sale on detectors

The dealers on here are giving us their rock bottom prices. Trust that. You will not get it any cheaper unless bought used. I have bought a lot of things from our dealers on here. I always have a dollar amount I hope they can meet. So far EVERY SINGLE TIME it has been BELOW my wishful amount. Doesn't get better than that

I guess I was kind of asking if the dealers ever had a sale on detectors

Around Christmas Whites may have another up to $200 in bonus bucks. I know Minelab doesn't go down. CTX came out the Excalibur is a proud $1499. They are like the post office. They bump the price up another 100 bucks on you. Check the price on what an Excalibur used to cost. They moved to China the price went up:?::shock:

Has anyone ever gotten a lower price from a sponsor by mentioning this forum ? When I bought my detector I emailed a forum sponsor, told him what I wanted and mentioned that I found him thru this forum. He qouted me the same price as the advertised price on his website which was also the same price every other sponsor advertised. I'm not complaining at all or trying to bash any sponsors. Just asking the question because I see sponsor posts saying to mention the forum to get the best price. All forum sponsors I have dealt with have been quick to reply and super helpful. Just wondering if mentioning the forum actually does any good or if their website price is really their lowest price

Has anyone ever gotten a lower price from a sponsor by mentioning this forum ? When I bought my detector I emailed a forum sponsor, told him what I wanted and mentioned that I found him thru this forum. He qouted me the same price as the advertised price on his website which was also the same price every other sponsor advertised. I'm not complaining at all or trying to bash any sponsors. Just asking the question because I see sponsor posts saying to mention the forum to get the best price. All forum sponsors I have dealt with have been quick to reply and super helpful. Just wondering if mentioning the forum actually does any good or if their website price is really their lowest price

Didn't help me when I ordered my detector --- just sayin

i think mentioning this forum from a sponsor you can negotiate further.
when I bought my machine from a sponsor he gave me a quote then
i asked if he CAN do "what" i can afford paying he agreed. so I guess for me it helped if you just kinda mention that u are a forumer. :)

They run a business and obviously need to feed their families. Obviously they can only go so low. They can't give stuff away. I have made several purchases from 2 dealers on here and have received EXCELLENT prices and service from both. Lower than any advertised price and definitely lower than local dealer!!!

All the good chat about the dealer on here makes me feel good when I am ready to make that next order.

They run a business and obviously need to feed their families. Obviously they can only go so low. They can't give stuff away. I have made several purchases from 2 dealers on here and have received EXCELLENT prices and service from both. Lower than any advertised price and definitely lower than local dealer!!!

What he said. Was on a Plumbing job once for 4 hours at a ladies house with two brand new Mercedes. She throws me a $50. $50 didn't even cover me pulling in the driveway:lol:

You can get the price you want most anywhere. Where the forum sponsors excel is their customer service. Being able to talk to a fellow detectorist and get a straight answer would even be worth spending a few extra bucks for me.

Back
Top Bottom