Bounty Hunter Platinum

scrapaddict

Hi, I just bought the Bounty Hunter Platinum for my daughter who turns 11 on June 11. I am wondering if I made a good purchase for a kid? I bought it from Metaldectors.com and even talked to someone regarding my needs prior to purchase and they assured me it was a good choice for the money ($300) but now I have found this site and see all kinds of other names listed. We didn't want to spend more than that but I see that some people have suggested buying used. Anyway, just wondering if my surprise birthday gift is gonna be a bust?

b.h

I have seen mixed reviews on the platinum,mostly electronic failure.i would suggesr sending it back,dont pay for a warrenty youll most likely never use.there are too many used machines for half the price on this forum that come with original bix and extras.saw a minelab 505 for $325,not a minelab fan but i know thats a good deal.

it's a great coinshooter. very similar to teknetics gamma for half the cost. I think it's a great choice. Don't be afraid to keep the sensitivity low during learning so there is no confusing falsing.

Yes, built on the same platform as the Gamma and Omega. That would be my pick in that price range.

I have a platinum that I used before I got the F5 and it is a great machine for the price.

Easy to use and a great recovery rate. It will find silver and gold just fine.

Yes, it'll find silver and gold jewelry just as well as any detector. It's certainly not the highest recommended beginner detector in that price range, but it'll do the job.
I'd say for an 11 yo, I'd be more inclined to start with a cheaper detector (Fisher F2, Garrett ACE 250, etc.) and spend the additional $ on a handheld pinpointer and digging tool as a starter set.
However, the BH will do just fine if you want to stick with that.

Well I am happy to hear that a couple of you think it will be fine to start with especially since it has already been delivered.;) It came with headphones and a digging tool. Do you think we need a pin pointer right away? If so what should I get? Thanks again for the help!

Yes i would get a pin pointer right away. Its must need tool imo.. go for the whites trx since it the best and theyre all in the same price range

Back
Top Bottom