• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

which gold bug?

North☆Star

Elite Member
Hey guys! A buddy of mine is looking to get his dad a detector to use when he goes to Arizona during the winter. He has found some descent looking washouts and he would like to try to find some gold. So which Gold Bug and which coil is best for a new? Thanks a bunch!

North☆Star;2052426 said:
Hey guys! A buddy of mine is looking to get his dad a detector to use when he goes to Arizona during the winter. He has found some descent looking washouts and he would like to try to find some gold. So which Gold Bug and which coil is best for a new? Thanks a bunch!

I'd probably go with the Pro. It's more sensitive to small nuggets than the regular and has a few extra features like manual ground balance.

The DP is the same model as the Pro but with a larger coil which is good if he also wants to do relic hunting with the machine.

The Gold bug 2 is also good but not so much for a newbie - hard to learn. Plus it's ONLY meant for gold since the freq. is so high.

Hope this helps! PM me if you have any more questions.

North☆Star;2052426 said:

If you want a digital detector get the Gold bug Pro. For the best Fisher nugget shooter out, get the more sensitive Fisher gold bug II. At 71 kHz its by far the best choice for nuggets. Holler if you have questions.

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/fisher-gold-bug-2-metal-detector

Back
Top Bottom