Building another set of headphones

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I enjoy building headphones and while doing some research I found muffs just like what was used to make the Ratphones MSA headphones. Not many colors to choose from I decided on white. Never used these muffs before but hear that they are very comfortable. Will let you all know how they work out and will post a picture of them after I get them built. Any of you ever had a set of Ratphones MSA and if so what did/do you thing of them.

Attachments

• personal_hearing_msa_LeftRightMuffs.jpg
    personal_hearing_msa_LeftRightMuffs.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 224
I think they are great. Chefphones makes a set out of they gray msa earmuffs. I have a set of the blue rat msa. I think they are very comfortable and I like how they came with the removable cord they called the rat tail. I think sound quality would depend on the components you use..

Another niche for SkiWhiz?

SkiWhiz,
I am wondering if perhaps headphones could be built that could be tuned to work with a brand of MD or even a model of MD. Maybe a certain combination of parts would bring out the best of a Compadre or perhaps a headphone could be built of selected components to overcome hearing loss of certain frequencies. Just a thought.........
HH,
John Morton.

SkiWhiz,
I am wondering if perhaps headphones could be built that could be tuned to work with a brand of MD or even a model of MD. Maybe a certain combination of parts would bring out the best of a Compadre or perhaps a headphone could be built of selected components to overcome hearing loss of certain frequencies. Just a thought.........
HH,
John Morton.
I have been using higher ohm speakers than most phones have and I find it to be more of a mellow sound. A fella in Texas bought the set I built and tells me he likes them. I have just ordered parts to built a set of phones for a member here on the forum and look forward to his thoughts, good or bad. I wish that could build them for less money so more folks could try them and tell me their thoughts but the price of the muffs and the internal parts, cord, etc. plus shipping really adds up. I am pretty sure that the Ratphones were made with the same ohm speakers as what I use.

Back
Top Bottom