E-TRAC or MXT?

robertj298

Haven't hunted in quite a few years and now that I'm retired I'm looking to get back into it. I like to search old sites for old coins and don't do much beach hunting. Still have my old 1266x and whites QXT but am looking to upgrade. Here is my take on what info I've been given so far.
E_TRAC pluses marginally better depth and ID on deep copper and silver which is what I'm looking for.
E-TRAC minuses...Not as good on gold, almost twice the price of an MXT, customer service not near as good as whites, after warranty runs out a lot more expensive to fix if something goes wrong, pluss I've heard its not very good around a lot of rusted nails?
So now I'm wondering if the +in performance advantage out ways the minuses? Does anyone own both of these?

I've never had a MXT but I can tell you that E-Trac has it's reputation for a reason. I bet with experience and tweaking the MXT can accomplish most of what an E-Trac can do.

I have an Etrac and if you want deep silver then it is the machine for you. I met a guy at a park on Wednesday night who had a MXT that he just got back from whites because it broke down on him. I know a lot of buddies who have Minelabs and have never had a problem.

I have an Etrac and if you want deep silver then it is the machine for you. I met a guy at a park on Wednesday night who had a MXT that he just got back from whites because it broke down on him. I know a lot of buddies who have Minelabs and have never had a problem.

As far as problems and customer service goes I'm just going by what the dealer that sells both tells me.

Back
Top Bottom