So yeah, I Coin Roll Hunt a little..... (Results added!)

GoldenEagle

Decided to pick up another round of Coin Roll Hunting, but think I may have gone a little bit overboard. Think I have something good in one of these? I'm pretty sure I do!

Update with results!!

Hi guys,
Finally got through the 3 boxes of dimes, 1 box of nickels, 1 box of pennies and 1 box of Nickels I blogged about earlier this week and here are the results:
  • Quarters: Some State Parks, otherwise skunked!
  • Nickels: Total Skunk (Pee - yew!!!!)
  • Pennies: Some wheats/coppers that went right into appropriate jars....
  • Dimes: out of $750 dimes, 6 silvers (see image below)

No silvers pitched out of the machine on the return, but I was gifted with an extra 2 pennies overage from the coin counting machine.

Bonus win!: The bank gives me a free gift if I can guess the amount of coins within $1.99 and I won a free bank hand sanitizer. Might need that next time after going through all of those coins again. #crhfingers

~GE

I also picked up another Dimes and quarters.... thus it begins again. ;)

Wow i thought i was bad! :laughing::laughing: Good luck< looks like ur going to need one of santas helpers for all that! How do u go about getting them by the box like that?

I think I would rather toss sand in my eyes than hunt pennies/nickels/and dimes. I looked through about $80 of loose change at my house one day and was bored to tears (plus skunked).

Good luck though....I hope every roll is solid silver/SVDB.

here's my guess (from previous experience)

finding silver:

quarters = none
dimes = 3
nickels = 2 war nickels & 2 buffalos

your best bang for the buck will be the cents - I've found that on a good day 1/3 will be copper, so there should be 1500 coppers there, along with I'll say 7 wheaties

good luck

That's a lot of Buffs! Do you really average 2 buffs a box? I've done many nickel boxes and have only pulled 2 buffs total.

you gotta hurry up and finish these and tell us your totals! I don't think I've seen so many boxes of coins before in my life, besides bank of america lol

Where did you post results? It's not on this thread and I don't see it in your recent post?

I'm with you, I doubt you will find 2 buff's in that box. Only found 4 total in 100's of boxes of nickels.

I also guess you have more like 12 wheats in that penny box. I only ever had one box with less that 10, my best was 28.

doh, I didn't look at the top, now I see the results. Congrats on the merc. only ever found one in circulation.

here's my guess (from previous experience)

finding silver:

quarters = none
dimes = 3
nickels = 2 war nickels & 2 buffalos

your best bang for the buck will be the cents - I've found that on a good day 1/3 will be copper, so there should be 1500 coppers there, along with I'll say 7 wheaties

good luck

This was a decent guess! Congrats on the merc and other silvers! Can't go wrong!! happy holidays and good luck on the next hunt!

Back
Top Bottom