What to do if I got ripped off CRHing?

My local banks (TD Bank) have these new couting machines in them...now the most central button to count charges the person 6% commision on counting their money....BUT....theres a botton to the top right that means you have an account and it doesnt cost anything....AND THEY DONT MENTION IT ON THE SCREEN.

The trash tray has the curved tray but the sides are empty, i have seen coins that have fallen through the gaps at the side, they dont even have lips on the sides to stop it..they almost (pardon the pun) coun t on coins falling through.

I have had 45 cents returned and only a quarter was in the tray, im expecting two dimes went through the gaps...it might take someone sueing the bank to get the design of the counters to be so there isnt gaps...coinstar doesnt have gaps so why td bank does is for no reason other then taking coins through the gaps.

A simple two sides would make it almost impossible to fall through but they didnt do it...i have used three of their machines and they are all the same.

The machine that KT dumps in has no coin return slot...it does not give any rejects, instead they stay on the sorting tray in the machine and when the teller comes over when someone complains, they take out the junk and toss the reject items in the trash can. A few times when KT has started the machine before dropping any coins and the sorter is very noisy, KT has had the teller come over to clean it, and KT sees all kinds of trash in there that they toss including a few coins He grabs before He leaves the bank! :lol::lol:

Also, this machine has a lift tray to channel the coins into the machine. KT always lifts that tray and looks underneath it on the cover, usually retrieving several dimes, pennies and even a stray quarter at times! When people lift that tray to dump their coins, there is a small gap that some coins can drop through to underneath and not go into the counting mechanism. The machine is also on wheels and sits 2 inches off the carpet...KT frequently recovers a stray coin that has dropped on the floor and rolled under the machine. Because of the carpet and the noise of the machine when it is counting, users rarely realize they have dropped a few coins! Besides not many of these folks would bother to pick up a penny on the floor or ground if they saw it! Not like us MDers! :lol::lol:

Finally, KT's dump machine gives you a paper slip...on it is printed two totals, one for if you have a bank account with that bank and the other for no account. Also there is a place to write in your account number and sign the slip. Just for the tellers, I also circle the larger amount when I turn that slip in, so they will know I am account holder...and they check my account number to my signature on the slip vs their computer records before they pay me.

Answer to your question

I got the $25 back in cash, and they're contacting the guy who gave them the rolls because they went through the rest of them and every single one came up short. I've been to that bank twice before, and both times they gave me MORE than I paid for. So that's why I didn't think much of it. One of my five rolls was a lot longer than the others, so I just assumed it was a lot of free dimes.
And yeah, by saying that I let this stuff happen a lot, I just mean that I'm too trusting. I've been scammed out of so much money on Craigslist, for example. I just never think that anyone really is heartless like that until it's too late.
Now, who's Coin Master? This is the second time I've been accused of being him/her, and I still don't even know what anyone is talking about.

Hipsterkitty,
If you want to know about that person, here is what you can do to research him.
Go to the entry page for FMDF.
select SEARCH
select ADVANCED SEARCH
type in Coin_master and tell it to search.
That will bring up all the threads that he participated in.
Start with the oldest ones and read forward.
All your questions will be answered.

Then, go over to Liberty forum and look for him.
He uses a name over there of White's Guy.
HH,
John Morton

If you buy dimes there again maybe take a baggie so you can open them there on the spot, It's your right to stand there at the counter and count them, or have the teller count them out to ya! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom