Penny box #5

Coleminer713

Elite Member
Went through my fifth box of pennies last night and it turned out to be the best box yet, besides box 3 which had an IH!! Total wheats found was 9, I know some of you have 20 or more a box but I'm kinda new to CRH so that felt like a lot to me, and the oldest was a 1936! Finally found a earlier wheat in a box!!! That was the first wheat older than 1940 that I've found CRH, just wish it was a lower mintage wheat ha!! Also got some 2009's and a few old Canadian cents, I usually don't keep the Canadian cents as I find tons of them being in Minnesota, unless someone here would like me to save 'em for ya;)??GL & HH

Thanks!! My last few boxes were slim pickins on the wheats so that was nice! Keep at it and you'll hit a good box!! I'm thinking of trying dimes next week, seems like lately others have had good luck with them!

Went through my fifth box of pennies last night and it turned out to be the best box yet, besides box 3 which had an IH!! Total wheats found was 9, I know some of you have 20 or more a box but I'm kinda new to CRH so that felt like a lot to me, and the oldest was a 1936! Finally found a earlier wheat in a box!!! That was the first wheat older than 1940 that I've found CRH, just wish it was a lower mintage wheat ha!! Also got some 2009's and a few old Canadian cents, I usually don't keep the Canadian cents as I find tons of them being in Minnesota, unless someone here would like me to save 'em for ya;)??GL & HH

Save them canadian copper ones for me. We'll workout the details later.:D

Ok DirtyRob will do!! What year did they stop making copper cents in Canada??

I think 96 or 98. The last year they had the corners cut off to save on metals. The year they went back to round cents is BAD! But you can save them all if you want. I know most bank coin machines won't take them....I will.!

Ok, just googled it and they said '97 they started making them out of copper plated zinc... So save all the pre '97 cents for ya???

9 Wheaties is about my average... I did find 12 in my last box... Congrats on the IH, I haven't been that lucky yet!!

Back
Top Bottom