Couple of Whatzits from yesterday

early_americana

Forum Supporter
Found in a yard of a 1920 house that was previously farm. Thing 1 is brass with iron attached. Thought for sure it was a gun barrel until I chipped the rust off. Thing 2 has some silver plate remaining and little holes along the length.

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 506
No idea about the item on the right.

The item on the left looks like a small manifold. Do the projections on the bottom look they may have been threaded connections at some point? Does there seem to be a screw on connection at either end?

The item on the left looks like a small manifold. Do the projections on the bottom look they may have been threaded connections at some point? Does there seem to be a screw on connection at either end?

That's kinda what I thought as well. Something like small hydraulic lines from a brake system or something.

I think you have it. I wonder what it could be from? The iron parts are/were going into the projections at the bottom. They were so rusted the bottom portion was completely covered when I dug it. I chipped it away.

Could the piece on the right be a to tap. look for a date on it.

It does resemble one. What I should have mentioned, is that it is very thin. I can't imagine it holding up to much abuse. I am thinking maybe some kind of decorative escutcheon from something, but that was just my first thought....

After I posted and did a little more cleaning I realized it has a very thin connector remaining in one hole. It is about as size of a brad, but has some little ring retainer on the end. I am wondering now if it might have been attached to leather, like a harness or something.....

Back
Top Bottom