First hunt ever, all garbage, but cool to me find!

wafflesngravy

Just got our MD and spent about 45 mins searching the fields on our property last night to test it out. We built a house on an old alfalfa farm and I really wasn't expecting to find anything, but we dug up a massive amount of old wire fence pieces which we found really interesting. The fence would have been going right down the middle of our property and we would have never guessed a fence once existed there. As far as the locals know it's always been an alfalfa field so that fence might have been really old. Who knows? But the history lessons we are learning are just fascinating.

We also found a spent shot gun shell that I think dates back to the 60's. My gun friend said he's never seen a Red 20 Ga shell before. According to my google fu Red shells would date between 1964-1971. Any gun owners agree with that assessment?

Anyways, thoughts I'd share, guess we got the bug already. I can't help wondering tho, who shot that bullet and what died as a result. :?:

Attachments

• 0523192032.jpg
    0523192032.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 0523192023.jpg
    0523192023.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 153
Sounds like you had fun. Keep at it. Better finds are sure to come.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

If your property was once farmed, it absolutely has potential to hold goodies. Some of my favorite sites are old farm fields. Keep up the good work!

It's amazing how much stuff is out there. I mean every 3 feet we found something. So I'm really hopeful now that we have a chance at finding some really great treasure, but with my luck I probably built the house on top of it lol.

Welcome to this hobby. Congratulations on your first find. I'm with you - recovering something always starts the "I wonder..." thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom