Help! Poison Ivy!

AceGVSU11

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
So the other day when I was detecting I ran in to some poison ivy apparently and now I'm suffering. Does anyone have any quick healing remedies or advice to kick this stuff to the curb??? Thanks!

Only time works for me with daily calmine lotion. Antihistimines help a little. If really bad see the Doc for some steroids. I usually have the stuff for about 3 weeks each time. Really sucks. Good luck, I hope your one of those that kicks it better than I do.

Calamine Lotion works pretty well. Benadryl can also help. Good Luck!

go to the doc and get prednazone.its a steroid that blocks and reverses it.i antibiotic helps the healing as well.dont handle your machine without washing your hands with cold water and soap.the oils can stay active for up to 1 year.you can get it from a dog or clothing

What these guys said, Ace... Zanfel,Ivy dry, or Caladryl for direct skin application. Benadryl twice a day helps. An oral steroid may be needed in moderate to severe cases, script needed. In milder contained cases I've used diluted bleach, but only on extremities!! :gaah: I've found that a bath in baking soda works, albeit briefly. The same goes with oatmeal baths. Remember to wash all clothes worn that day separately and to wipe down your detector, steering wheel, etc. with alcohol...... Best of luck!

Prednisone and antihistamines for the itch, and try to something to dry it out. i'm glad i don't have poison ivy, i used to get it bad in the states...

I would get covered as a child. In college my MD referred me to a homeopathic physician who gave me rhustox this is not spelled correctly. But my PI cleared in 48 hours or so. You can get it at health food stores.

Joe

If your detector touched it I would clean the lower parts with alcohol it will cut the oils, wear rubber gloves so you dont get it again.

Not to sound gross but it really does work. If you pee on it, it should be a ton better within a day or so. I know it sounds gross but urine is high in nitrates and is great for healing. Just try it you don't have to tell anyone you did it, it will be just you that knows. LOL. Let us know if it works.

The one time I got it and it was really bad I went and got a shot. Within a day I was 50% better. I took some benedryl (sp) and was back to good in a few days.

I bought the soap to remove the oils, etc but they didn't do a whole lot.

It drives you crazy.

Hang in there that is nasty to those that are allergic to it. Luckily I'm not.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've swam in it at times and
never got a bad case of it. One or two little spots is the most
I ever got.

get zanfel from a pharmacy. trust me it works, read the directions and use it. instant releif. had got into it bad a couple years ago, even on my neck and ears. that stuff works.plus wash all tools and your coil and any part that you had with you. if not you will get it again. even your dog can have te oil from the plant on its hair

So the other day when I was detecting I ran in to some poison ivy apparently and now I'm suffering. Does anyone have any quick healing remedies or advice to kick this stuff to the curb??? Thanks!

I was told that brake fluid would dry it up fast. Next time use gloves, I have been in the same situation hunting in the winter and run into poison ivy roots when digging stuff out. Let us know if it works.:(

Not to sound gross but it really does work. If you pee on it, it should be a ton better within a day or so. I know it sounds gross but urine is high in nitrates and is great for healing. Just try it you don't have to tell anyone you did it, it will be just you that knows. LOL. Let us know if it works.

Haha, I considered trying it because I had athlete's foot before and the ol' pee trick cleared it right up, so I've been wondering if the same is true for poison ivy :laughing: I did go to the pharmacy and picked up some stuff off the shelf because right now I don't have insurance so going to the doc was gonna $$$. Went with Ivarest, seems to be a mix of antihistamine and analgestic lol... anal.. anywho... it's like calamine lotion. I just need something to stop the oozing because the blisters have popped, this stuff claims to help dry it up.

I was wearing gloves while I was out there as well as long pants and a jacket, but it was 50 here in Michigan the other day and so naturally that is warm for us and I took of my jacket only leaving a T-shirt. That's when the roots must have attacked and got on the skin... right now my arm looks like a piece of cotton candy... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom